Thursday, November 3, 2011

vocabulary lessons

months ago:
Trent: ____ said I pooped my pants!
Me: did you poop your pants?
Trent: NO
Me: what did you say?
Trent: I said-- DON'T JUDGE ME!
Me: ????
Me: Why did you say that?
Trent: Because he said I pooped my pants.
Me: When you say "don't judge me," that's the same as saying- YES I did & I don't care so leave me alone about it.
Trent: Uh oh.
Me: Next time say- NO I DIDN'T
Trent: okay

fast forward to last week:
Trent: for Christmas I want an ITouch!! I really really want one.
Me: There is NO way.
Trent: I really want one! If you get me one I will get you an IPAD!!
Me: a-huh?
Trent: Mom, I really want one. I can have my own apps I won't break it & I will be so good! MOM- if you get me an ITouch- you will never regret me again.
Me:(oh golly I gotta say this had us all laughing!) Trent do you know what that means? (I won't bore you with my explanation.)

The English language is full of so many words - with so many meanings. Oh Trent- he keeps us on our toes... and giggling... and NO I don't regret him.

3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

this has me cracking up!

michelle said...

This is killing me! I can imagine with Asperger's you deal with stuff like this all the time.

Jill said...

He's just plain funny!