Monday, November 14, 2011

november


Is it just me or does it seem impossible to you all that it is now November?
And now...
tomorrow is November 15th?
How is this possible?
The holiday season hasn't even officially started & I already feel behind?
I'm hoping that's all in my head?

For our family, the holiday season always starts with the Nutcracker. I better "get cracking" because this is it-
Nutcracker Week!
Dress rehearsals start tomorrow.
I am so excited for Chloe & can't wait to see it!

Thanksgiving is Brett's favorite holiday- so that makes it extra special for us all. I am planning some really delicious- yet traditional foods for our Thanksgiving Day feast. I asked my kids what they want to eat besides the obvious:
Turkey & Mashed Potatoes
what did they say?
Campbell's soup green bean bake

Really?
that's what you want? more than anything else you can think of?
huh? really?
okey dokey then.

I am finalizing my menu & I will publish it here- soon.
I wish you could all join us for dinner- but then- that would probably kill me.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Huh. My kids are always requesting things I don't care about and don't like the really good stuff. Their loss!

I love trying new recipes for Thanksgiving, but my family usually likes to stick with the old favorites. I'll be curious to see your menu.