Thursday, September 1, 2011

in august

We have decided that Joey has the sweetest little smile ever.
We celebrated making it through the first week of school (it was super hot with temperatures in the high 90's & NO AIR CONDITIONING) with Frozen Custard. There's a new Frozen Custard place in town!

I saw this bumper sticker
"I heart my grandogs"
I find this highly disturbing. Trent got LOADS of birthday good mail! And.. this really cool package from Neighbor Jane! WOW





Trent also got a bluetooth from Brian & Laura for his birthday (Brian works for a cell phone company) Trent wore it everywhere, even to bed-- just about every night!



We ate lots of BBQ - but didn't eat outside much at all- TOO HOT.

I sent lots of good mail~


and I tried to finish reading The Help- no luck. I like the story, I just can't get into it.

Chloe made lots of bread- this is the cinnamon swirl. Be. Still. My. Heart.


Yesterday she climbed our back fence & took her life in her hands- all dressed in long pants & long sleeves- to pick these from the empty field & blackberry bush craziness that exists back there. It's so thorny & scary.


HOw is it Possible That August is over & SEPtember Is HERE?

3 comments:

michelle said...

I had to crack up over that disturbing bumper sticker!

I miss wild blackberry bushes so much from our time in Seattle.

Way cool package from Jane! She is the best.

I have NO idea how it could be September already! I feel like that at the start of every new month, and it doesn't show signs of stopping.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Chloe must still have some of your Seattle blackberry bushes in her blood to risk life and limb.

I'm glad Trent liked his packet. I loved getting his thank you in the mail. Thank you.

I love how you love to celebrate (frozen custard, etc.). Often I think, "Now that's a good idea. I should do some more of that" after I read your ideas.

Kim Sue said...

love jane's birthday mail...super cute.

i read The Help, but I also really enjoyed listening to the audio book. Might want to try that. we can check them out from our library via the internet.