Sunday, September 11, 2011

missionary Jake

Last Wednesday~ I was so lucky! SO LUCKY!!

My nephew Jake was set apart as a missionary a week ago today & was headed to the Provo MTC. My brother Jim & sis Beth put him on an airplane headed for Salt Lake City- and I picked him up!He is such a GReat kid & so excited to be finally on his way. His call came over 5 months ago-- longgg wait. We headed down to Provo & had a really good talk on the way. I am just so impressed with this young man. He is going to be a true blessing in the lives of so many people in Paraguay-- did I mention he is going to Paraguay? So EXciting!
Our first stop- to pick up Brittany & John.



The plan was to go to lunch & talk MTC facts with Marcus unfortunately the law building lost power last Friday & rescheduled make up class right during his typical lunch break- dang it! Missionary Jake was stuck eating lunch with his aunt & cousin's wife... and Johnny. He didn't seem to mind.


I asked Brian & Marcus where they thought I should take him for his last meal before the MTC... funny they both had different responses. Marcus said - Mexican food- he craved it the whole two years in Brazil. Brian- cheeseburgers- he craved that the whole time in Chile. I gave Jake the choice & he picked Chinese. I can pretty much guarantee he won't be eating Chinese in Paraguay.


a couple of over exposed photos..


and lunch!

we had the most delicious lettuce wraps & noodles & chicken- YUM- great choice.



Jake's fortune


It was time & this guys was done waiting. We headed up the hill to the MTC & I'm pretty sure I've never seen anyone so excited.


Upon arrival Jake jumped out of the car & hugged the Host missionary...? I thought, ya he's excited- until I walked around the car & found out this missionary is a good friend of Jake's from home! They played golf together & this sweet kid had been waiting & looking for Jake- hoping to be his host all day. What a way to start off at the MTC- perfect!


We unloaded...


started saying our goodbyes...



and it was time to go.


Good Luck & God Bless you Missionary Jake!


You are going to do great!

and have the experience of a life time.

Thanks so much for sharing a bit of it with me.

4 comments:

michelle said...

How exciting!

I can't remember if it was last Wednesday or the week before that I went to the Provo temple, but it was right when tons of new missionaries were being dropped off at the MTC. The excitement in the air was palpable and I was excited on their behalf. And a little bit saddened for the families that I saw walking to their cars without one dearly loved member.

I hope Jake has an amazing experience!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

This is so sweet. How exciting for Jake! We are going to write him for fhe.

Beth said...

Thank you will never be enough Patsy! All our love!!!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh, I do love the excitement you capture when reporting about missionaries. You do such a good job.