Wednesday, September 14, 2011

nutcracker 2011

I'm just getting home from a very long day.



(getting up before the sun to make lunches & breakfast, leaving extra early for 7 hours at work I don't usually work 7 hours but someone is on vacation, Trent's Dr. appt. at the U-- blah blah blah, ya I know everyone is busy)



It ended on a high note-- I was lucky enough to go the parent meeting tonight for all dancers who made the nutcracker this year!!! WOO HOO! YES Chloe is in the Nutcracker again- we are so thrilled. This year she will be one of the girls on point dancing in the Waltz. It's a great part... (certainly not as great as Arabian Soloist last year!!!) and she gets to be on point! Very exciting. We don't have any photos from try outs- this year they changed the system. Dancers tried out with their classes & didn't find out if they made it until later that night, when they could check it out on the dance school's website. It's a much better system- less drama & more fair to the girls. But no photos from us- it wasn't our carpool day.



I was getting ready to take a photo & saw myself like this in my IPhone. Oh My HEaveNS!!! I think I laughed out loud-- and then cried-- JKidding. HOley MOley I look like a crazy mess! I couldn't read the fine print so I had to pull out my readers- then later couldn't find my sunglasses because they were on my head, yes my readers were still on my face. REaders & sunglasses on my head + this foxy look= please don't kick my daughter out of the production. I do have to admit- the hair hiding the huge zit on my forehead is a bonus...







Fortunately I was privileged to sit by these two cuties- Blair & her mom. Blair is one of Chloe's dearest friends & got the AWEsome part of Clown this year- one of my favorite parts. Unfortunately (for us) they are moving soon out of state! WHAT?! Serious bummer.



It was a big, busy, day.



How was your day?

4 comments:

Johnna said...

Ah it warms my heart that you are following in you older sisters footsteps. The part about looking for your glasses and they are on your head. I am still laughing, not at you but with you dear sister. I love you and congratulations to Chloe! Seriuosly such a talented family!
Have a great day!

Brit said...

Yay! I'm excited for Chloe to be on point this year. Let the fun begin!!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Chloe is always so beautiful in the nutcracker!!! I'm so sad I have to miss it. What a bummer that Blair is moving!

michelle said...

That is definitely a big, busy day. I don't usually cope so well with those.

Congratulations to Chloe!