Wednesday, August 31, 2011

sight seeing

The Saturday before school started the Young Women's group from our congregation got together for a very special activity. The mother & daughters toured the Beehive House downtown, then ate lunch at the Lion House. (The Library or Office in the Beehive House.. I can't remember because I was talking to my friend & not paying attention... I know, I know?)

I have luckily toured the Beehive house many times before. It's really fun! I'm pretty sure I posted about taking the kids there last summer? I also went there as a kid with my parents while on vacation. I remember because they used to give you a piece of old fashioned candy at the end of the tour. They gave you the choice of a lemon drop or a Horehound candy drop... ew gross. My dad loved those & I thought/think they are sick. The missionaries who gave us the tour (super cute girls from Denmark & England) said they had to stop giving out the candy because people would spit it out on the property! Can you imagine?! It's gross YES, but spitting out candy in a historical sight... some people!?
The music room.


It's a beautiful home full of history & wonderful stories.


The Lion House is famous for delicious home style cooking- especially their rolls! YUM

The Lion House also hosts birthday parties for girls or boys turning eight. Eight is a special year - the year boys & girls can choose to be baptized. The summer after we moved to Utah Megan turned 10 & she had a party here. so fun. Hailey had her 8th birthday here too! I can't remember if Chloe did~ hmmm?


Out side with Caroline & Lily.


These photos DON'T DO JUSTICE to the beautiful gardens! They are incredible & make me wish I had a gardener. I have completely given up the idea of having a beautiful garden made by my own hands. I'm way to wimpy.


This was such a special day. The girls anticipated it all summer. The leaders have been planning & saving to do this (with the help from one sister who works there) all year. They tried to do it last summer but didn't have the money. I am so glad we got to go together. It was a great day & fun way to end our summer. I love mother/daughter activities! LOVe THEm

good times


3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

What a fun activity! Temple square is just gorgeous.

Jill said...

I always love visiting Temple Square and am always impressed by the flowers there!

michelle said...

That looks like so much fun. Perhaps it's time for our YW to plan a mother/daughter activity!