Thursday, September 22, 2011

clubbing

Last night, Brett & I went on the very funnest date ever!We went to the Cookbook Club at Williams Sonoma. The Cookbook club is a class/dinner at Williams Sonoma where they clear off the cook top area- set it for dinner- then prepare dinner out of the featured cookbook for that month. It's always four courses - it's always Delicious & you always get to take the cookbook home afterwards!
This months featured Cookbook- Bobby Flay's Bar Americain- titled after one of his award winning restaurants. It was just released yesterday & guess what? OUR BOOK CAME WITH A SIGNED NAME PLATE! I am so thrilled to have it!! Oh My GOSH this was so fun!
Kelley was our chef/teacher- he was charming & delightful. He is such a great chef & the food was out of this world- it was so good! Did I tell you yet, how fun this was? Cause, sister Sue--- It was a blast!

This was the first course-

Warm Lentil Salad with Roasted Beets & Goat Cheese.

oh mama-

Let's be upfront here people: Brett does not like beets... frankly neither did I. (Brett even thought about not trying them - oh my?) But, as with most things- it's all how you cook them. These were prepared perfectly & we both LOVED it! mmmm good.

Well after that- the picture taking went down hill. I was taken away with the wonderful food & company... & that was my last picture. darn it.

Next up- Chicken Cutlets with Brie, Prosciutto & Arugula. This is Bobby's take on Chicken Cordon Blue. Now, I can bread chicken, but Kelley taught me something new here! It was breaded perfectly.

Served with the chicken: Creamed Kale with Crispy Shallots-- move over green bean casserole- who knew Kale was so good cooked?!

and for dessert: Thin Apple Tart with Cinnamon Creme Anglaise. oh gosh, golly, mercy me.
I just cannot express how fun it was to go to this class. It wasn't just a class- it was dinner, entertainment, & fun. I want to go back!!

*Have you ever done anything like this?

~You can find the class information here p.s. it says all classes are $75 but that's not the case. It depends on the class & the book so check your local store.~p.p.s. Depending on the book- the class can only hold 8-10 people. There were only 4 of us last night- so nice. I think a date to a class like this would be such a fun Christmas gift!

4 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Oh my goodness, I have been dying to hear how the class went! I fell asleep so I missed your call yesterday. The food sounded FANTASTIC! I've always wanted to go to a cooking class like this. I wonder if our store here hosts these classes as well? I'm going to look into it. What a fun date!

Karolynn said...

that looks like so much fun.

Kristy said...

This looks like so much fun!!! The food looks fabulous! Maybe I can talk Kelly into doing this one night.

Jill said...

What a cool thing to do! I'm not very adventurous with food but I wouldn't mind trying something funky if it was made by someone who really knows what they're doing.