Wednesday, September 21, 2011

upside down ice cream & a new favorite

I have changed- I have turned a corner. I have become a new person when it comes to

ice cream

I have been making a 2 qt. batch 2-3 times a week since July now. And... there is no end in sight. My whole life I have been lactose intolerant. Now-- not so bad, I just have to watch my portions. I can't help but wonder what really caused the problems.... the dairy or all the chemicals in the ice cream that's been making me miserable? Do you know how many crappy chemicals are in ice cream? Honestly I just quit eating it or only ate it a little bit at a time. Until now. {blogger- why won't you let me turn this photo?}

This is one of my favorite stand by quick recipes but there are others!
My partner in ice cream making


Working away


It's really wholesome & pure & beautiful.


Just milk, cream, sugar & vanilla - oh & a little vanilla bean powder for specks. Oh Yes the specks of vanilla bean- I LOVE them.

My favorite ice cream & ice book- you can find it here!


Thanks to Megan sending me a link: my new favorite main dish OH MY GOSH I've made these twice in the last week!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love homemade ice cream!! i wonder why i don't make it more often?

how are you? i am trying so hard to get caught back up!! :)

She Loves The Color Pink said...

OH wow! This ice cream looks so incredibly good! I love that you make it and just store it in the freezer so it's on hand. You are so good at making wonderful/beautiful things--I love that about you.
I TOLD you those enchiladas were killer!!!!! I could eat them everyday!

Jill said...

I would be in big trouble if I had an ice cream maker at home! I love ice cream so much (chemicals and all).

Karolynn said...

I have that very same ice cream maker. I have been using the recipes that came with it, but we will try your recipe tomorrow. I am excited. About the enchiladas... My favorite too. I have that exact recipe. Sadly, I am the only one in my family that LOVES them so I never make them anymore.