Saturday, September 17, 2011

catching up on what's been going on

Last week & the week before I had a hard time posting & now I am behind! I was having a hard time because I caught a cold with a miserable cough, then before I got better the weather cooled down & I had the not-so-brilliant idea to open all the windows for multiple days in a row. It felt GREAT until my allergies came in & kicked my butt back into bed. When will I ever learn? I was thinking-- my allergies have been so good this year-- we don't need air conditioning. Then- why does my head feels like a brick & my nose is running off my face? blah.While sick- I got up one Sunday morning from a benedryl induced, fitful sleep to find this on my bedroom door. Okay- I have the kindest daughter in the world. Thanks Hailey. I'm much better thanks to consistent allergy meds & shutting the windows.


I found these shoes at Costco for little boys & keep forgetting to send the photo to Megan- are these adorable or what?I sent Megan a letter last month & Trent's friend Ella helped me decorate the envelope. Is this the cutest little doggy or what?Brett's parents came to visit- we had a REally great time & ate outside nearly every night! Everyone except for Trent who is plagued by severe bee phobia.They took us out to dinner one night- so fun.Trent could care less about the food- but chose dozens of free songs on the jukebox.






Aren't the cute!!ya-- us too and the girls- love them.It baffles me how Halloween can be out in stores not too far from Christmas items? These Halloween candies- sick, really people!?



did you know Christmas is 99 days away!?


Hailey was asked to Homecoming!!


HOORAY!


and yes... he is my favorite teenage boy!!


Chloe found this in the Gold Fish box- cool.


Bearded Brian & friends sang in Sacrament meeting on September 11th. It was so special & I loved it.


Great young men.

Okay now I'm mostly caught up!

6 comments:

michelle said...

That sign Hailey made is AWESOME.

We've been sick here, too. Nothing like feeling better and then being down again!

Hooray for homecoming! Can't wait to see pics.

I love listening to men sing.

wende said...

what a great post!
i love having a chance to document all the little stuff.

i wish i could've heard brian sing.

can't wait for homecoming - we have the cutest teenagers ever. it's true. sorry the frogs tasted like toothpaste.

so glad for hailey's car, it's so great for them to have that extra freedom. she is one great girl.

those shoes! oh my! rich is going to be BROKE when i become a grandma, i just can't help myself when i see stuff like that.

glad you're feeling better. LOVE hailey's sign. can she make one for my bedroom door? i don't have a cold but i do need some extra sleep.

Johnna said...

So did you buy some of the candy? Come on, you can tell us.....:)

Karolynn said...

ok I have to get a box of boogers for Carter. What store did you find those at? Those boys singing was one of the best experiences. They were amazing. I wanted to stand up and cheer. They did great!

Jill said...

These are all fun things, great documentation!

molly said...

I remember being about five years old and my aunt telling me that she would be making booger soup for lunch. I won't mention which aunt that was, she remembers what she did...