Tuesday, September 13, 2011

speaking of missionaries...

My own missionary Jack is doing GREAT!
I have tried for two days to upload photos he has sent with no luck? I don't know why but blogger will not upload them... aargh!
He is on the homeward stretch now (less than 7mo. to go) and working hard feeling the end is near.
I LOVE having a missionary.
I have come so far since missionary Brian.
Jack is in Aracaju Brazil- above Rio on the coast. He is very happy & today teaching a Zone conference. (where all the missionaries in the region get together.) He is loving this opportunity & has made a slide show & dresses up for his presentations. Last month he was dressed up as a Book of Mormon character & this month he will do the same. So fun - so positive. He has grown up so much. His purpose,"to help the other missionaries get excited & stay positive about the work."
Today he is teaching about the importance of the Book of Mormon. How teaching with the Bible & Book of Mormon is so important. He is also teaching about the importance of baptism. He said his companion & he borrowed baptismal clothes (white clothes) from the building & took pictures for their slide show of them doing everyday things (shaving, cooking, reading, etc) in the baptismal clothes- meaning they should always be working toward & living up to their baptismal covenants. He says the pictures are really fun - but get the point across in a way that is not boring. I LOVE IT.
So creative? WHO is this kid--
wow
Having a missionary is really the best- I can see how much he has learned to rely on the Holy Ghost to guide his every move. It is such a testimony to me of how powerful that can be. I am grateful for this experience. I want the Holy Ghost to guide my every move. How am I living up to my baptism covenants?
I guess I'm growing too!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, how is it possible that he only has 7 months left!!? That's amazing...I swear missionary time is different than regular time.

I'm so glad he's doing great and that you are too! You sound less worried than you did when Brian was out.

michelle said...

Seriously, 7 months left?? I'm convinced that other people's children's missions go by super fast - kind of like other people's pregnancies... I'm sure it doesn't feel like that to you.

So cool that he is inspired to do so many creative things!