Sunday, September 20, 2009

just a wonderful night

Last night my sweetie & I went downtown to see the symphony.
I bought season tickets to the Entertainment Series & our first concert was amazing!

There is a lot of construction & many changes happening downtown. It seems like it will never be done... I think the whole reconstruction project is supposed to be done in 3 more years. They started before the missionary left. It's going to be great when it's done.

One of my favorite things about Abravenal Hall is the Chihuly glass sculpture in the lobby. Oh, I love this. Salt Lake City is so lucky to have a piece of his art. It is stunning.

I took this photo going up to the second balcony where our seats were.

The show was nothing short of amazing- crazy really- the music combined with the
cirque performers was breathtaking. I took this photo from the symphony website, click on it to find out more about these two strongmen. There were aerialist & jugglers- it was really exciting & fun to hear & see the music combined with the performers, a brilliant idea, really.

It was a fabulous night-
On the way home we saw another show, a show of nature. It started to storm. The lightening was beautiful- and yes the rain- love the rain.
Thanks Brett for indulging me in buying the tickets...
I am thrilled to have them & a hot date to go with!

7 comments:

Beth said...

Oh I love Dale Chihuly!!!

Wonderful pictures of downtown and the two of you! It sounds like such a great date night with your honey.

Gail said...

So, did you fix the camera problem or get a new one? Looks like you had a great time.

Jill said...

I think you were very smart to buy season tickets so that you'll always "have" to go! I should do that some time, then maybe I'd actually get to go on a date.

That last self-portrait of you two is frame worthy!

She Loves To Make said...

I agree with Jill, that last photo is really cute! That show looks so awesome. I'm so glad you guys had fun!

Kristy said...

How fun!!! My exciting dates in the fall are football games.

Love the pictures with the new camera!!!

michelle said...

What a great date! Brilliant on buying season tickets. I enjoy Chihuly as well, we were lucky to be able to see tons of his stuff when we lived in Seattle.

Holly said...

Glad you have season tickets--what a great thing to look forward to on a regular basis. Yea for hot date nights! :)

I'd love to see Chihuly sculpture sometime--I wonder if his exhibits travel to different cities...