Sunday, September 27, 2009

great sunday

Today was such a great Sunday!
Besides our usual Sunday meeting we were thrilled to go to the homecoming talk of Elder Greg Whipple- one of Brian's best friends. Can you believe it? The missionary's friends are starting to come home!! And best of all--- he's next.


Elder Whipple went to the Houston Texas South Mission- I hugged him as hard as I could with tears in my eyes. I pray for these boys everyday. He spent a lot of time helping clean up hurricane Ike last year & sweating in the humidity everyday. It was wonderful to see him & hear his testimony.

These three cuties were there too. Also friends of the missionary. I can't even count how many times these guys came over & played games & ate popcorn &... I loved it. A couple of these girls went with Brian up to his grandparents home in Wyoming. They rode the horses & did the rodeo thing. They are such great girl's, grandma & grandpa ask about them all the time.

In honor of Jack coming home (jack came home to hear Elder Whipple)
I made a fancy Sunday dinner.
Roast beef & gravy with potatoes & carrots.
Rolls, salad & even jello people!
ya-
and cupcakes!
It's nice to have jack home for tonight-
even if he has spent a lot of his time doing his own laundry & sleeping.
It's a hard college life.
But a Great Sunday at home.

7 comments:

Kristy said...

What a busy but fun Sunday!! Not much longer until Brian comes home!!

wende said...

yay for fancy sunday dinners, the college boy being home for a day, and brian being the next missionary to come home! wow!

Jill said...

How exciting to have Brian's friends coming home from their missions already! It's unbelievable how fast those two years go.

It's so nice that Jack has his car at BYU and can come home to visit.

She Loves To Make said...

I can't believe Brian's friends are starting to come home. I bet being at Greg's homecoming made the fact that Brian is coming home in two months seem more real!
Sunday dinner looks great...man I wish we were close enough to come over!

Karrie said...

I can't believe Brain is next...how exciting!!! Yummy dinner so so so good.

How good of Jack to do his own laundry and not expect you to do it!!!

Holly said...

What a special day with your family--and just-like-family. The days are zooming, The Missionary will be home SOON. YAY!!!

Love the pic of Jack doing his laundry--what a good guy, doing his own. Way to train him, Mom.

michelle said...

I can't even imagine having my kids off at college and on missions. How great that Jack can come home sometimes! I hope my kids will bring sweet friends over to play games and eat popcorn...