Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I've been thinking about this blog a lot & wondering why I do this? do you ever do that? I wonder, really... is this just a journal? am I trying to get attention? why am I not private? I am wondering...

no photos.... but the camera I have wanted to buy is on clearance at target right now for $419. OUCH- with all the big happenings around here in the next couple months- I better not.

The man of the house- trent- mowed the lawn today. I stood out there pointing out all the tufts of grass all over the place that he missed. He doesn't DO straight lines- ever. it's a good thing I am raising kids not grass.

He wanted to mow the grass- because the neighbor kid does it! and gets paid $5 too! He told the neighbor kid's mom that he needed money because he's bankrupt. She let him sweep up grass & gave him $2.

That's better than a couple of summers ago when he asked a different neighbor if he could pull her weeds for money. She said, sure how about $1. He said - how about $1,000. She said- what do you need $1,000 for? he said- I'm trying to get my own apartment.

Or last month when he asked another different neighbor for $100 bill... the neighbor said I don't have $100- trent said- ya you do, I saw it when you opened your wallet. He kindly explained that you have to get a job to have that kind of money. Hmmm. Maybe trent should spend more time inside?

Today I insisted that Hailey go shopping with me for a new pair of shoes. Her shoes are hideous. She loves them. The dogs wouldn't chew on them. I offered any shoes... any price... She wanted slippers- no. teenagers...? kind of reminds me of the time my mom offered me any jeans if I would throw away my beloved holey ones. I didn't take her up on that either. We did settle on a pair of comfy, slipperish, german looking, cloggy things. But- we are going for more soon. Wish me luck!

Last night, much to Trent's excitement- he was... let's put it this way... gassy. He was so thrilled with the outcome of that- that he wanted chloe to come downstairs to hear it. Mom- No- Chloe does not want to hear you pass gas... t- wouldn't it be great if we could call dad & he could hear it? (dad was at Bishopric meeting) Ummm no.

Tonight at dinner T- remember that gas i was passing last night? That was so cool. I told all the kids in my class about it. Mom- what? who did you tell about it???? T- everyone, but I don't think they were listening.

I hope not.

14 comments:

Beth said...

I love Trent... never short on entertainment! LOL!!!

He is definitey going to be an entrepaneur of some kind one day... what a wheeler dealer.

I love your comment "good thing I am raising kids, not grass". So funny!

Love ya Sis!!

Marie said...

i love it!!

Karolynn said...

Trent is so funny! I love your blog! Don't stop! Yes I do ask myself those questions all the time...

Karolynn said...

Trent is so funny! I love your blog! Don't stop! Yes I do ask myself those questions all the time...

Karolynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jakenapril said...

oh, i am having to laugh quietly because all my kiddos are in bed. yours make me laugh...as i'm sure they make you do as well--right?!?
yes, sometimes i wonder why i blog too...and then i get nice comments (ahem...like mine!) that keep me going.
so love your blog. in fact, i sometimes wish i could blog like you. srsly. oh, to be a patsy kind of blogger! one day. really and truly...love your blog. i wonder if you know how much?
keep the funnies and the never-ending (stories)/adventures coming. i need inspiration somehow!

Unknown said...

you are writing this blog because of posts like this!

She Loves To Make said...

Oh Trent! lol he is such a crack up!
The dogs won't even touch Hailey's shoes? Those must be pretty bad!!!

Jill said...

Things are never dull with Trent around eh?!

wende said...

photos or no photos, your blog is still my favorite. can trent come live here for a few days so i would have something exciting to write about? :) love that little guy!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I agree, Patsy, you write so that others can be uplifted. Keep writing.

michelle said...

HA! What will you do when the man of the house grows up and leaves? Life will be dull without him around. I am dying over him saying he was saving up to get his own apartment and declaring himself bankrupt. What a funny kid.

Karrie said...

Tell Trent I'm bankrupt too...it sucks man...I heard you got the camera so I'm looking forward to some picture posts...but I love your blog with or without photos.

shannon said...

I keep going through these crazy blog ruts...I wonder sometimes what my real motivation is for doing it as well...I keep telling myself that it's just for journaling but imediately after posting something, I hit the comment button to see if anyone has responded...(what does this mean?) :(

Trent is one funny guy! It cracks me up that he is so bold about drumming up cash...

Regarding clothing choices: I feel your "shoe pain"...before school started, I went to Stride Rite and spent a ton of money on two pairs of shoes for my girls...I justified it by telling myself that they would be wearing them almost every day with leggings and cute dresses...(they have been consistantly going out the door with big clunker tennis shoes and I just cringe) I'm trying not to be too overbearing when it comes to clothing choices--as long as it's modest--but seriously, I'm dying here!

I think there should be a GAS category in the cub scout badge book--:)