Monday, July 1, 2013

lots of changes

I didn't mean to stop blogging.
I really didn't.
Life just got a little crazy. 
So...
Tonight I am posting a little update.
Sometime after my last post (Easter) Megan & Tony called to announce:
that Tony was offered an amazing job here in Utah!
I KNOW- best news ever.
Within 4 weeks they were here!


They had it all planned out- and that plan worked!
(My plans don't always work)
Their home in Arkansas sold in the first 24 hours of being on the market and they moved into our basement to settle in, start working, and then find a new home.
These next pictures are from the first couple of days they were here.


at the park with Nana


learning about chickens & gathering eggs


singing songs & eating cookies out of the bucket on the kitchen floor


getting really comfortable with chickens & deciding they are really fun to tease


and that their whole oats taste pretty darn good


Charlie even came to my very last cooking class.


Yes, I quit teaching the kids cooking class.
Hey- I've got a house full of fun for a bit & I don't want to miss it.
Soon - July 11th they will move into their new home and we won't wake up to their sweet voices everyday.
But- they are close. One hour away. Not too bad- I am thrilled.

So- now I am trying to do some blog catch-up
I hope if anyone is out there you will let me know and....
here we go again!




8 comments:

Brittany Gilson said...

So happy you're blogging again! Love you!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness that's HUGE news!!! How glorious to have the whole family in Utah now!

Gail said...

It's fun to see pictures of those boys.

John and Misty said...

I was getting worried about you...Glad Megan's family is so much closer! We miss seeing you guys!

melanie said...

Welcome Back! What fun to have the grandkids close. Cute picture of him teasing the chickens.

Johnna said...

Great to see you blogging again.....

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

That IS good news! I was so glad to see you posting again. Especially because the 4th is coming up and nobody does the 4th like you!

Laura said...

I have been waiting for this!!! I'm so happy.