Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter at the Messer's 2013

Easter has become my very favorite holiday...
For many, many reasons.
I am so thankful for the true meaning of Easter. 
I've heard it said - after you've lost someone you love- Easter becomes the most meaningful day of the year. Because of the great gift our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ has given us-- He Lives! 
We will live again & so will all those we love!
How beautiful - how wonderful!



Megan, bless her heart, sent us these darling pictures of the boys.
Oh I love them- the boys and the pictures.


Charlie is a sunbeam now!
He sang Easter Hosanna with the other children in the congregation, then returned to his seat & declared that he is "bigger now." Of course he is.
Our Easter table was a a pastel delight with some of my collection of bunnies & lots of goodies I have picked up from work. It is so fun to open up the storage box & find all the treasures I have forgotten about year after year.





On our Easter Menu:
Glazed Turkey Breast
Brown Sugar & Pineapple Roasted Spiral Sliced Ham
Green Bean Bake
  (my kids have to have it)
Steamed Asparagus



This potato dish is so incredible! I found it on printerest & I will be making them now every Easter for the rest of my life. No kidding - they were so good. Find the recipe here!



Somehow I missed myself & Laura in the photos.
We were there.
And Look Who Else Was There!!!!


Finn & Crew
The best part of Easter this year
was that Brian & Laura surprised me & brought the babies to our congregation for church. We all sat together & yes I was teary, but these were tears of Joy. I was overwhelmed- feeling so blessed after such a hard winter. It was an absolute joy having almost all our children at church with Brett & I. I don't think there is anything better than that! We have (Chloe & I) missed a lot of church- a lot, because she has been in the hospital or too fragile to go (doctor's orders.) It has been good to be home- she needed it- I needed it. She is coming to terms with her new life, we all are. A new life with the tourettes syndrome & the anxiety that comes with it. It's a good life, but it is different than it was before.
 It is not easy. I don't know how she does it?
I have spent a lot of Sundays in tears as I listen to my
 children tic while the rest of the congregation sits silently.
I hate it.
I hate it.
I hate it.
I hate that it is so public & that they have to have this at all!
But it is what it is & we are moving forward & I am happy to be here. 
Happy that it is not worse- it can always be worse.
Happy to have my trials- they are mine. I don't want them, but I don't want to trade.
This is all I am going to say about that.


I haven't made a cheesecake in years!
I am out of practice....
but it was delicious! 
Thank you Jenny Steffens Hobick for your delightful blog!


After dinner we dyed eggs
SO FUN!





Brittany & Jack 
made these two above!
HA-- Love them.


Chloe did this one- Oh I love them.
Happy Easter 


6 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

This post made me so, so happy today! You are truly an inspirational mother.
Your Easter table KILLED ME! So beautiful!!!!

Gail said...

Wow! you are so good at the Holidays. Love to all of your family.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Your table WAS beautiful Patsy. I pinned the potatoes immediately. I always trust your recommendations. (Anyone that loves the 4th of July as you do deserves to be trusted, never mind you are an incredible cook as well.) Your sentence about the audience sitting quietly while your children tic made me think and appreciate your openness so that I can learn. Thank you.

p.s. darling grandchildren . . . all four boys.

Jill said...

Wow, that is quite the beautiful spread of food and people!! I only had to make a pan of funeral potatoes to bring to my parents' house...actually Randy made them.

Marie said...

Your pics look great! The food looks YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which
blog platform are you using for this site?
I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had
issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

My blog; Cheap Jerseys