Monday, July 29, 2013

the week before last- just some summer journal writing

The week before last
Brett's parents came for a couple days to visit.
I was a little nervous....


My sweet mother in law has Alzheimer's.
It's a cruel, cruel disease.
It's starting to run it's course & she is now forgetting people who she loves & it is heartbreaking.
But- she remembered us all- for now & it was a great visit.


 (like father, like son)

Sunday we went down to Utah Valley to attend church with Chloe & then headed out to Megan's new home to see them. It was so fun & so nice to be together. 



Super Jack & Super Charlie- like to show their muscles.


Trent & the boys played this game - 
Trent threw a ball up the stairs & Joey would throw it back down & Nana was worried Joey would fall down the stairs I she was a wreck.


Jack visits Chloe twice a week & they like to play cards.
They showed us the game they play- it is fast moving & fun to watch! 


Megan made cinnamon rolls & they were SO GOOD!




Joey had one just his size. 
He is so cute I just want to scoop him up.


Brian, Laura & the twins went with Laura's family to a reunion & sent home these pictures.
They crack me up!



Summer is going too fast at our house!


4 comments:

Jill said...

That's so sweet that Jack visits Chloe twice a week!

melanie said...

Like father, like son- that is a priceless (and funny) photo.

The beach babies sure are cute too.

michelle said...

I just love that Jack visits Chloe twice a week. I hope my kids would do things like that for each other.

Amie said...

I love your blog, an embarrassing amount really. You feel so real to me and your joy and pain are felt reading it. I know you are an awesome lady, I would love to be your neighbor. I love that you find true joy in the good things in life and handle the hard things with extraordinary grace!