Wednesday, July 24, 2013

2 days 2 celebrate

Last week was my 46th birthday!

side note:
With all the hard things (is there ever easy things?) 
going on this past year I have completely failed my New Year's Resolution of sending out birthday cards to everyone I love.... excuses, excuses.
 But- let me just say Happy Birthday to my fellow July born friends.
Jane (we share the same birthday), My sister Johnna, Jake the missionary, Jill, Sky, Steph my oldest friend, Lynnie my SIL, Braden & Sarah- Ruthie's kids, and my dear Caroline-- Did I forget you? Leave me a message & I will repent immediately. Yes- next year I will try again.

I was very blessed by getting to celebrate on 2 separate days! But I am also very cursed with terrible pictures. I didn't document the time well.... to say the least. It's ridiculous the pictures I didn't take. 
So please forgive me (older self) as I share this special occasion with lousy photos. Hopefully the journaling itself- will make up for it?


Celebration #1- has nothing much to do with Twinkies- I was in the store & saw them on my birthday though- so thanks Hostess. I appreciate that.
What a HUGE treat- all of my kids- ALL OF THEM- were together with me to celebrate the day before my birthday! I can't even think of the last time that happened? It was a Sunday so it worked out that everyone could be there. We all met up at Megan's new home for lunch after (most of us) went to church with Chloe.


We had fun times playing with the twins.
Chloe hasn't seen the twins for almost 2 months and they have grown tremendously since then!



Brittany came down too- life just doesn't seem right now if Brittany's not around.


Charlie & Joey are so happy to have all their things unpacked-
Charlie especially loves the costumes. Oh it cracks me up!
He changes about every 15 minutes from tiger, to pirate, to monkey... so fun.


We had beef tacos for dinner with guacamole & watermelon. 
It was fabulous.





(sorry about the eating pictures guys)


Then we had chocolate fondue!
YUM





It is really fun and exciting to have all of my kids close enough to get together as a family!
We are starting to plan- once month Sunday dinners & I am thrilled about it. 
Surely we will get together more than that? But as schedules start to fill with Fall coming- I know we will at least have a once a month dinner at Nana's house- I could not ask for a better birthday present than that.
It is truly the greatest gift I have ever been given- to have six beautiful children and to have them close enough to get together as adults, with their amazing families. I try not to gush around here on this blog too much. I think I keep it real most of the time... But really even though we have our share of problems & issues that are difficult... and most of the time I feel like there is nothing to brag about...
 We are going to be getting together for dinner at least once a month and for me that = happiness.

***
Celebration #2
Everyone knows- I am lucky to have this group of friends that get together most Wednesdays. 
We also get together & celebrate each other's birthdays. On the actual day- That's a big thing for us. When possible we get together on the. actual. birth. day. It means something.
OH MY GOSH-
it was so great- 
just so fun.
Did I mention, it was great to get together with my sweet friends on my birthday?
 Cause it was.


We had salads & fresh corn (picked THAT morning) for lunch!


and dessert!


I have to say- I think this was the best dessert I've ever had on my birthday.
Actually it was the best meal overall I've ever had on my actual birthday.
 Thanks everyone for all the good food & presents!
They planned my lunch party around a red, white, and blue theme because of my love for the 4th of July & it's July... it was so fun! All of the many presents were coordinating- ladies you guys are amazing!


I am especially loving this gigantic chalk board I hung on the laundry room door.
Trent & I are having fun switching up decorating it with chalk.
That night-


Brett brought home balloons & pizza.
It's pretty quiet around here now.
Brett & Trent had other plans, mostly work 
so Brittany & I headed to a new store at Farmington Station that I am in LOVE with.


It's Sugar
What a fun place.


I was in heaven, yet overwhelmed at the same time-
Kind of like one of those candy stores in NYC.
Just fun to be in!





It was a GREAT couple of days.
I'm happy to have the privilege to be one year older.


And do have so many candy options so close.
(wink - wink)

3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Happy, Happy Belated Birthday Patsy! I didn't even have over-the-top hard things like you this year and didn't get cards out, but I want you to know I'm glad we share days and I'm so glad you had a great one.

I'm so excited for your once a month dinners. That IS a great present.

Jill said...

How great that you got to celebrate so grandly with both family and friends! I love a 2 day celebration like that. I'm excited for your once a month family dinners and think that's a great present! Happy Birthday Patsy!!

michelle said...

Well, I only have three children and because my family is so spread out, I know I can't count on everyone sticking around here. Having everyone in the same state and being able to get together at least once a month is huge! A mother's joy for sure!