Saturday, July 27, 2013

yesterday PLUS an announcement

I got up & got a bunch of chores done yesterday morning...
lots & lots
and
it felt good.


(the hallway inside the garage door)
As I walked through my house in the morning light, I was struck by how much I love this house. It's far from perfect & needs a lot of work- in so many areas...
But it is my dream home. It looks like me & Brett, it's has my personality all over it.
It says family to me.
 Ya- I like it here.
***
I headed down to the hospital to pick up Chloe.
I had permission to take her off grounds for the whole day 12-8:00 PM- Woo Hoo!
We headed straight to lunch at Stan's! 
Gyros & Cheeseburgers with onion ring & fries.
 Oh man- that beats hospital food any day.


(Wende sent Chloe a big pack of sharpies because she knows how much she loves them, she isn't allowed to keep them there so I put them in her room when I got home.)

I had a package for Chloe 
(I usually do)
Full of little things she needed from home AND gifts from kind people-
 kind people that I love more than anything in the world.
 So many people have sent me down with little things for her!
I have never once asked- they just do.
I appreciate them & hope that angels bless them & their posterity forever more.
Is there anything better in the world than someone doing something kind?
Not something huge - just something kind.
Something thoughtful and kind and- for my sick child?
(tears)
People are so good.


A sweet family in our congregation -Hi Jennifer- sent a big envelope full of art work from everyone (she has six beautiful children) for her room! Each child & both parents made all these darling things for her.
 Pictures & jewelry... SHE LOVED THEM! Just loved them! She can't keep the jewelry but it is here for when she gets home. People send her quotes & letters & things to hang up in her room- nice.
We had so much fun eating lunch & going through these things and- just being together.
When Megan was just a tiny baby- we lived less than a block from this little drive in, Stan's. We were very poor college students. Every Monday Brett would head over there with our leftover change and wait in a very long line. Monday nights they had 1/2 price ice cream... good memories.


We headed to Target- then the mall
And found lots of cute things on sale for school etc. 
It was such a GREAT day. Really, really good day.


Brett & Trent came down & met us- Plus these two cuties for dinner!
Are they cute or what?!
This is Jack's sweetheart Emily. 
THEN
it happened.
All Hell Broke Loose
-oh boy-
The restaurant was crowded, Trent was overly excited, there were so many choices on the menu, he started throwing baby fits. Then the baby fits got bigger.
 Chloe started to tic. I started getting upset, Brett was calm.
I was so very embarrassed with Jack's girlfriend there. (So embarrassed, really.)
 Then it escalated to the point Brett had to take him out to the car and go home.
 sigh- it's been a long time- since we've had an episode like this. 
I apologized to the waitress & servers & Emily & tried to blame the autism, teenage hormones, whatever? 
It was rough.


(we both got new shoes)

We finished up our dinner & headed to a different mall- crazy I know!?
We only had one hour - so we had to make it quick.


While Chloe was mesmerized by the make up counter, I headed upstairs in JCPenney.
I went up the escalator & gasped out loud (for real) as I walked in on this display!
It's been YEARS since I've been in a JCPenneys- I was so impressed!


Chloe tried on lots of make up- she loves it & for sure doesn't need it.
 Isn't that how it goes, when your young & don't need it you always want to wear it... now I need it & I sometimes forget to even put it on! I don't want to - but now & then I go out in public & there I am-
 one eye with mascara on the other forgotten-- and I think Trent can be embarrassing!?
Then it was time.
 I dropped her off. Again.
And started my long, one hour, cry fest-- home.
Back to the house that I love.
I love it much more with my sweet Chloe in it.
It's really not the house, but the people who live in it & have grown up in it.
I don't write much about her illness because it is intensely private. I don't want to make anything harder for her than it already is. I love her. I love all of my children & never want them to suffer.
Thank you for praying for her & us.
I love it when people tell me their children pray for her.
 Those are my happiest moments, knowing that children pray for her. 
How could Heavenly Father not hear the prayer of a child? 

Speaking of children 
Here are a couple of cuties and an announcement - if you haven't already heard.


 (Finn in front- Crew in back)


Dear Heavenly Father -
Please bless the children & the grandchildren- all five of them!

4 comments:

Gail said...

This is a great post! It is real life. A home you love and more importantly the people you love who fill it up (even when they are not physically there.)

Jill said...

Oh goodness Patsy, I'm so glad you're writing about all of this even though it's so hard. I think it softens the rest of us and reminds us to be humble and grateful and more thoughtful to others. I'm so glad people are sending things for you to give to Chloe, that's so sweet. I pray for her and for your family.

I love your mudroom/entry way and wish I had something like that!

Congratulations to Megan on her pregnancy and you for another grandbaby soon (you need a girl right?!). How exciting. I can't believe how much your family has grown and changed over the years that I've been reading your blog, whoa! Blessings all around!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I want to reiterate what Jill and Gail said Patsy. I just loved this post. I love how you wove the telling of real life. I loved how your "voice" went up and down in the telling of the very real things. It helped me to feel your joys and sorrows, and embarrassments. Thank you for keeping a blog. Thank you very much.

My thoughts and prayers are often with your family.

michelle said...

This is beautiful, Patsy. And hard. And so real.

You are so right, this life is not for wimps.

I am so touched by all the kindnesses being shown to Chloe, it makes me want to be more thoughtful myself.