Thursday, May 31, 2012

hailey graduates!



What a great day!
I couldn't sleep last night & I made one million mistakes at work because I was so excited.
I just couldn't think about anything, except how Hailey is graduating & how I am so proud of her.
It is truly a wonderful day.


(chloe, rob- hailey's friend & the almost graduate)

We started off the celebration by going to a restaurant we just don't get to nearly enough. Roosters in Ogden. The food is great, the setting- perfection. It's darling & beautiful & did I mention the food is fantastic?- check out the menu!



Hailey had to line up early- & get dressed in her robe & cap. 
We enjoyed beautiful weather & visited- it was nice. 


There she is on the mega tron. So cute.



 Hailey's high school years have been difficult to say the least.
Hailey has accomplished a lot especially considering everything she has been though.
She has given me permission to write a bit about it.
Hailey has had (she is so much better!!) severe depression, anxiety & psychosis.  
Without going into detail- it's been a lot of doctors, psychiatrists, hospital stays & mostly prayers. Sometimes we are put through trials that are so hard- it's hardly bearable.
Sometimes it's hard to see the end of the road. Not that we are at the end of any roads... it's just so much better now. She is back & I love her. She is a good kid - a GREAT kid. Talented, smart, pretty-- why? I don't ask that anymore. I just say- we are humbled & we are learning so much. 














Hailey's plans?
She is going to live at home & go to LDS business college where she will be working on an associate's degree in entrepreneurship - then transferring to Utah State University where she will get her bachelor's degree in music therapy. 
Hailey will be a terrific therapist- with so much to offer.
Because- she's been there- and she has conquered & continues to every day. 
I love you Hailey- I'm so lucky to be your mom. 

5 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I am just so, so, so proud of Hailey. She is beautiful in these photos! Congratulations a million times! Love you AND Hailey so much.

Jill said...

I am so happy for Hailey to have made it through high school and through these challenges! There must be such a strength in knowing she can do such hard things!

Music therapy sounds like the perfect career path for someone so talented!

Unknown said...

so proud of your graduate!!

Brittany Gilson said...

Seeing all these pictures and missing Hailey's graduation makes me miss you guys SO much more! I can't wait for 4th of July! We love you Hailey!! Congratulations on this amazing accomplishment :)

michelle said...

Hooray, hooray!! Congratulations to you all. It sounds like Hailey has truly chosen the perfect career path.