Tuesday, May 8, 2012

cupcake cookoff

A couple weeks ago the YWomen in our church congregation got together for a mother/daughter cupcake cook off-- oh ya, this is my kind of activity. Chloe & I were so excited to go!


We got there & made our game plan right away... 
um- if you didn't know it- Chloe & I are fiercely competitive. 
-It's not really a good or bad thing- it just is what it is.


The spread of choices was incredible!
There were all kinds of possibilities- the YWomen leaders really went over the top. 
There was cake mix, sour cream, filling, sprinkles galore, fruit, chocolate, anything & everything you need to make a gourmet cupcake. I just have no way of doing this activity justice. I didn't take enough photos- I couldn't- there was a job to be done.


The decorations were so cute- cupcake bunting & look at these tables.. oh man!
I am this year's YWomen camp director & guess what... these girls better lower their expectations... seriously.


While the cupcakes were baking- we played a get to know you game. 
There were questions that we each answered, then the girls had to guess whose answer was whose.


Chloe & I made a key lime cupcake with lime butter cream frosting, filled with custard & stopped with a strawberry.
-we won best tasting-


We also forgot to take a photo before we ate it.
trust me it was beautiful & it was gooood.

3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

That is the best idea for an activity! The cupcake you made sounds sooo good. Of course you won best tasting!

Jill said...

This looks like a fun activity.

I think you'll be fantastic as camp leader!

michelle said...

That looks like a super fun activity! Of course you guys won.