Sunday, December 4, 2011

amazing community!

Today is Stake Conference (a multiple congregation meeting) but it was canceled. Everyone is out in the neighborhood cleaning up debris. Men & women with trailers & trucks are filling them up. Trees that weren't cleaned up yesterday are being cleaned up today. They came & took away our busted up fence & we picked up all the garbage etc. from the yard.


There is a 70% chance of snow & 100% chance of
more wind
nope not kiddin'


This time it shouldn't be as bad as last time- just gust up to 70 MPH.
Shoot- that's just baby stuff!

The kids are hoping & praying for school to be canceled again!
I'm just emailing the missionary & trying to get the laundry caught up in case the power goes out again. Priorities people!
Plus... I'm getting packages ready to send out for Christmas. Nearly all of our family live in different states. If I can get them all put together I'm headed to the post office first thing in the morning. Just think- with a wind storm swirling around-- there shouldn't be any lines?
 I know, I'm really thinking ahead! Heck, I'm brilliant!

2 comments:

Jill said...

It's crazy that you've had this wild weather...we haven't had anything unusual around here.

I love it when everyone works together like this, it's inspiring!

michelle said...

Wow! I love it when people pitch in and help each other. It makes an overwhelming thing doable!