Wednesday, June 9, 2010

tender mercy

Today the missionary emailed!
Yes... someone heard my prayers :)
He always does.
All is well, he got to Maceio & moved into a small house with his companion who is from Santaquin, UT and the Zone leaders. A great set up for a greeny!
Everywhere he goes
people stare at him because of his hair.
Supposedly there are a couple of other red head missionaries who were really excited for an new "brother" to arrive.
Wednesdays are his preparation day
so we will be getting emails every Wednesday.
He was so excited & happy to be there.
Today he was shown around the city with some of his friends from the MTC & he bought fresh coconuts & drank fresh coconut water.
As he was writing a horse drawn carriage full of kid rode by.
wow-
tonight he is going to meet the Bishop of the ward & get together for a ward activity.
Sounds like fun.


I'm okay now...
just a little mother fear going on.
Nothing a quick email couldn't cure.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Hooray for emails from Jack! I am glad that he was able to send you an email to let you know he is doing well. Sounds like he is under great care!

She Loves To Make said...

I'm so happy for him! I can't wait to read more about what he is doing.

shannon said...

Yay for tender mercies...
glad he arrived safely...

How funny that they stare at his hair!

wende said...

phew!
i was worried he was going to wait as long as he did when he first got there. glad he's doing well.

by the way, i can totally relate to people staring at him because of his hair - people stare at me all the time! i think it's because i'm so beautiful. or maybe it's because i wore my skirt backwards all day yesterday!? either way, i can relate.

michelle said...

Hooray, hooray!! I'm so glad your prayers were answered and that you can be a little more at peace.

Jill said...

I'm so glad you received this tender mercy and that all is well with Jack. I love the thought of his tall, red-headed self walking around Brazil. My brother is quite red-faced naturally and went to Mexico on his mission and he got lots of stares and nicknames because of it, including Gringo Rojo!