Monday, June 7, 2010

back to the blog

After a month of blogging everyday- then a week off- now I am back.
Last week was not the best week to stop blogging... but I did it anyway... now I am going to try to recap some of the highlights of life.
The house was a mess... (not a highlight)
Brian finished painting the main floor (most of it) without me. That meant everything has been in upheaval. I was too sick to do much about it- and even when I was getting better- I had no energy. So the table looked like this. Covered in homework & junk. But it's all better now- that's all that matters. I am so happy to have a freshly painted family room. Thanks brian!
Wednesday morning Trent & I left bright & early to see Hailey sing the National Anthem at the H.S. end of year assembly.

(notice the sunburn? I was in the shade for two hours at field day, but still got sunburned)
It started later than we thought which was a little distressing to trent, but when it started- SHE DID SO GOOD! she really knocked it out of the park. wow- i was beaming with pride & so thrilled for her.

Trent & I went out to the car & in my rush to be on time, I learned that I had lost my car keys...

Good thing brian hadn't left for work yet!
Brett was out of town most of the week on business....

Speaking of work...
last week Brian was offered a great, well paying job at a well know warehouse national chain- then three afters after he accepted- the MTC called. They offered him his "dream job" teaching districts of Spanish speaking elders how to teach missionary discussions. After much prayer- He took it. He is loving life, looking & feeling like he is a missionary again. It's a once in a life time chance - teaching new elders how to teach & he couldn't be happier. He comes home everyday saying- I LOVE MY JOB! He has truly been blessed- now if we could just get the poison ivy to clear up? he has another doctors appointment today. itchy itchy

Wednesday was field day- and I forgot my camera....
But Thursday Kristy & I made this for Trent & Jake's fourth grade teacher.
It's a bouquet of hand prints intermingled with $150 worth of gift cards.
We had each of the kids draw their hand print & write inside it what the loved about their teacher & took donations for the gift cards. It turned out FANTastIC!!
School was officially out for Hailey Thursday after the assembly. For Chloe Friday morning after getting her year book. Trent didn't get out until 1:30 Friday afternoon & it proved to be a very difficult day for him - lots of goodbye tears.

He had one of the best teachers any of my children have had the privilege to have!
She is an amazing lady who gave up a career in Food Science to teach kids, emphasizing science. We couldn't ask for a better year for trent!
Trent & his bff at school - Eric.
Eric will be going to a different school next year. Extra tears.

the end of the year ceremonies

The Pledge of Allegiance, National Anthem & Lowering of the flag.

Friday night Hooray- brett was home & you won't believe what I netflixed
TRANSFORMERS II
We put it on the Clear Play and Trent was in seventh heaven. He finally got to watch the movie of his dreams without the cussing & sexual innuendo. Now maybe we can stop talking about it? Oh no-- he has watched it multiple times & still wants to watch it again.
Saturday night we had a birthday BBQ for Brett & I only took one picture- this one of the peanut in a Spider man mask & Batman gloves-

Sunday-
Hailey bore her testimony in sacrament meeting
brett left for another convention
and
brian & I spent the evening eating popcorn, visiting & watching a lightening storm on the front porch.
It seems like it took forever-
but summer is finally
here


5 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back. I've been checking your blog wondering when you were going to post again. I'm so proud of Hailey for singing the national anthem! I never would have had the guts to do that!!!

The Taylors said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I am so ready for summer! I won't have to get up at any specific time. I am so glad for Hailey she is so talented. And that takes a lot of guts to get up and sing it in front of so many people. GO HAILEY!!!!LUV YA

michelle said...

You know what I love the most? The way your boys help you. And hang out with you. Man, I hope my life is like yours in a few more years...

I had totally forgotten that I sang the national anthem at my H.S. graduation. Go Hailey!

wende said...

this is a great catch up post! do you want to come write mine for me now? i'm so behind!


i love your family - and your freshly painted house and that cute hailey girl. taylor said she rocked the national anthem! go hailey!

wende said...

oh and...mrs. d has grey hair?! what the? i haven't seen her for a while but my jaw DROPPED open when i saw that photo of her!