Sunday, June 13, 2010

just a little catch up

I haven't been a very good blogger this week...
maybe I got burned out?
Maybe it's the change in seasons?
I hate change.
Don't get me wrong- I love summer & all- it's just an adjustment having everyone home, etc. It is glorious absolutely glorious to have homework free nights & lazy mornings, but you know me... I love routine.
(trent at the top of the slide- ready to fly down!)
Wednesday night Brett & I took Mr. Trent & a friend to the rec. center. He was so thrilled to go. It's been a rainy, windy, cold June. So the indoor pool is a sweet option. While we were there the temperature was close to 50 degrees outside & it was pouring down rain.

(chocolate calzone at Arella Pizza in West Bountiful)

On Thursday I went to lunch with the blogger moms.
Some of them... we are all very busy this summer & come when we can. We have plans every Thursday with & without our kids. I love these guys. It's definitely a highlight in my week seeing everyone.


(Lola the front)

I finished a quilt for my niece & her new baby Lola.
I didn't like it at first... so it took me a while to finish it. I even considered making a different quilt. But I really like it now. It's amazing what binding & a trip through the washing machine can do.

(Lola the back- my favorite part)

I am a little concerned it may give a new baby a headache. It is pretty bright.
Today we went to a missionary homecoming Sacrament meeting.
Oh how I love those!
The missionary coming home went to South Africa- where Brett served his mission. It was so great to hear the message of a newly returned missionary- but I forgot me notepad...
It's going to be a busy week- my goal
at least one photo a day!!
I hope I can make it happen?

6 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That quilt is beautiful... I am so excited. Lola is going to love it! Thank you so much Patsy!

Kristy said...

Love the new look!!! The quilt is sooooo dang cute!!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

That quilt turned out so cute! I really want to try that chocolate calzone....

Jill said...

Your new blog template is oh so summery!

I feel the same way about routines vs. lazy mornings and homework free nights. I'm trying not to be irritable when I have to work around the kids' schedules each day. I'm willing myself to go with the flow, but the flow feels choppy to me and I don't like it.

Jill said...

P.S. I forgot to say how great the quilt is!

Karrie said...

I love the quilt...sorry I missed lunch...it sounded great!

Maybe once I get done training I can make a thursday lunch...I am in B-town on those days so I am closer.

KC