Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a monday trip up to ruthie's house

Monday morning after Trent's swim lesson-
Chloe, Trent & I drove up to my sister's town
to meet up & visit with her family & my parents,
who were staying at her house for a bit.
All photos from this post (but one)
were taken by chloe.
SEe if you can guess which one?
Trent was very content in the back seat by himself
and several books.
Although- I don't think he cracked them open once on the trip up!
The scenery was overwhelmingly
beautiful
We met at McDonald's-
one of my dad's favorite places.

As far as I'm concerned-
McDonald's gets a bad wrap.
Ya- I don't want to eat there every day,
but it's a great place for the kids to play & who doesn't love a
McDonald's fry?!
As you can tell- I have no germ issues.
{ruthie & dad}
We talked & talked & ate lunch & while the little kids played.
{cousin sarah & chloe}
It was fun.

{my mom- with braden in the background}
The peanut was in his element.
He's nearly three, talks like crazy & loves buzz & woody.
oh how time flies.
delightful

After a couple of hours-
really like 2 hours....

We headed to a park next to Sarah's dance studio.

Chloe was delighted to check it out & found this old piano to admire.

The boys played - we found some shade.

The peanut- he's kind of a surly fella.

On the way home I called Ruthie to set up a day when Chloe could come up to visit Sarah's ballet class, just for fun. Chloe has the next 6 weeks off of ballet class.
We were talking & I heard a crash- then my mom & dad talking frantically & the peanut crying. Ruthie said she would call me back.
SCArY.
I pulled the car around & headed back the way we came to find them. She quickly called back to say a gentleman was using a weed eater in his front yard- they drove by just as a rock flew up from the eater & hit the peanut's window. It shattered.
No one was hurt
just shakin' up a bit.
We drove & drove & couldn't find them.
Ruthie assured me all was well & to head on home. We turned around & headed back through a neighborhood to avoid main street traffic- stopped at a stopped sign- looked right, then left-- then noticed two morticians taking a dead body (an obvious body on a gurney covered with a black sheet, being wheeled out to a van by two men in suits) and put it in the back of a car. We turned the corner to get a closer look...
(okay, I'm obviously morbid)
low & behold in front of the mortician's car was ruthie's.
Hey- I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!
So- we stopped & told them they were doing much better than the guy getting in that car!
they hadn't noticed...
Soon we headed on our way.
We couldn't resist stopping at Call's Family Drive In
in Perry, Utah on the way home.
for onion rings & shakes of course.
All in all-
it was a good day.
For us anyway....
someones poor family was mourning.
I hope he lived a good life.
I don't know why- but I think it was a "he."
it was a tall body.
We got home - didn't eat dinner- and had family night!
Did you guess which picture chloe didn't take?
the first person to correctly guess & leave a comment-
will get a $10 McDonald's gift card
just to
you know---
celebrate life!
leave a comment
quick!

11 comments:

Karrie said...

On my what an eventful day...I love the shakes and onion rings...yummy! Chole is such a great photographer...has she been getting lessons from her momma?

Unknown said...

I love the photo's! I am glad you brought your camera. I believe the picture Chloe did not take was the one of her and Sarah at the picnic table. :) Ruthie

Marcus and Brittany said...

Ruthie beat me to it. I think it is that picture, too. But it sounds like it was a good day! :)

wende said...

GREAT POST! i think the photo she didn't take was of your dad and ruthie sitting at the table at mcd's.

and seriously who doesn't love mcd's french fries? yum.

glad everyone is ok.

She Loves To Make said...

Glad everyone is ok as well! The drive up to Logan really is so pretty.

Beth said...

I love stories told with pictures... Chloe does such a great job with the photography!

The only picture she didn't take?? my other two were guessed, so maybe the ice cream cone.

Shakes and onion rings... oh my heart be still.

It was fun to feel like I was there with you... thanks for this post! Love and HUGs

michelle said...

What a day! You're right, you couldn't make that stuff up if you tried.

I happen to enjoy McDonald's. That's where we always went for a treat when I was growing up. Marc recently told me that he's never eating there again. Hmph. I guess Eva and I will go without him! Love their ice cream cones.

I want a shake and onion rings!

michelle said...

p.s. Chloe is looking SO grown up and beautiful!

Gail said...

Looks like a great day!

I have a secret affection for McDonalds, but I order french fries and a coke only. NO BURGER for me.

BTW, I saw the Cast A recital and Chloe was lovely and graceful as always. Blair is really excited that Chloe & Bren will be going to ballet camp with her this year.

Kristy said...

What a day and so nice to get OUT of the house and do something!

I LOVE Logan, it is so pretty up there. We will see if I think it is still pretty in the winter when I go up to check on Emily.

The Onion rings look WAY yummy!

jakenapril said...

adventures with patsy. love it. and can i get a heck yes for onion rings? love those delicious o's!

oh, and i am guessing that chloe did not take the picture of her and sarah at the park. ;)