Monday, June 14, 2010

the girls are gone...

To camp.
I miss them.
BUt- there is nothing better than girl's camp!
I dropped Hailey off at 6:15 this morning...
just to find out that they switched the time to 7:00 and no one called the four girls from our ward.
45 minutes early in the morning- rough.
So all of the girls said goodbye to their parents, piled into my car & off we went for donuts & milk.

Chloe didn't leave until 1:30.
This week is also her first ballet recital on point!
So-- she went to a staging rehearsal this morning & up to camp late.
She will only get to spend this one night & then go back & forth during the day.
It's a big week for her- She's been dancing on point for 2 years & finally we get to see it!!! I am really excited, she is bummed that most of her friends are at camp & can't come. That's the breaks in the summer time.

Brett has also been out of town- it's pretty boring around here. I decided to get some projects done, so I let trent invite some friends over- ordered a pizza & haven't seen them all night.

I spray painted an out of date lamp & this CD holder mat black.
They now look like permanent Halloween decorations.
I'm not good at this... in fact I stink at it. I just don't choose colors well.
I also finished binding a little quilt for charlie that I sent in to the quilter with the Lola quilt. It's so cute!! I can't wait to get it out of the dryer & get a photo of it up.

it's been a lonely day
Funny how I love my time alone- but after too long... it's so lonely around here!
Lucky for me-
brett comes home tomorrow tonight

4 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I love girls camp! They're going to have so much fun. I'm sad I can't be there for Chloe's recital. She is so talented!

Karolynn said...

yay for girls camp! That was so nice of you to take the girls to get a treat so early in the morning. It was great seeing you yesterday! I love your new blog layout!

michelle said...

How exciting to see Chloe's recital! (Why 2 years without you being able to see?)

I love how much fun the girls always have at camp.

Spray-painting is one of my favorite things, I love how it makes old things look new again!

Kim Sue said...

your blog looks so summery...love it! glad the girls are excited about their week. can't wait to see a post about chloe's recital!