Wednesday, June 23, 2010

tender mercies... again

Reading this morning's paper
we saw that in the state that missionary jack is serving in- Alagoa, Brazil- (brazil has states, just like the U.S. His mission is called the Maceio mission because the main city where the mission president lives & the capitol of Alagoa is Maceio) there has been severe flooding. Brett & I scoured the Internet for more information. We knew it was probably a long shot that it was flooding in his town- but just in case- we woke up the kids & knelt in family prayer.
10 minutes later-
we got a phone call from the pediatric Neurology department.
Hailey has an appointment on Monday.
smiles
A couple hours after that missionary Jack wrote & yes- he is fine. Better than fine, his companion is a John Wayne fan too- now they spend a good part of their day talking the talk & quoting the Duke. There is a fifteen year old boy in the local congregation named Michael Jackson & a less active member name Elton John that they have been tracking down.
Again-
I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried people!

Then to top it all off
We had costco pizza for dinner
and I came home to find this picture in my inbox.
Some days are just better than others!

12 comments:

Kim Sue said...

Hailey is in my prayers.

patsy said...

thank you kim sue!

michelle said...

Some days are definitely better than others! This post put a big smile on my face. And the best part is when you recognize the tender mercies of the Lord – now that is happiness.

Kristy said...

Love the names Michael Jackson and Elton John. :)

So glad Jack is doing well and Hailey got into the Dr...what perfect timing!

She Loves To Make said...

I'm so glad Jack is safe & able to send his e-mail this week!
I love costco pizza.....

Jill said...

Wonderful!

Beth said...

Happiness!

We love you Hailey!
So grateful for the Lord's Grace and Love in our lives!

HUGS!!!

Marie said...

Your family is in our prayers... Love the pic..

jakenapril said...

what a fabulous day indeed! hooray for prayers. ;)

Karrie said...

I am so glad to get the affirmation that prayers are answered!

Love that photo and want to eat him up...so so cute!

Janae said...

Wow that baby is too darn cute! Love it:)
I am behind on your blog...I am going to do better, or try to do better:) I hope things went well with Hailey today!

The Taylors said...

I love his little tongue sticking out! I love it when things work out for a great day.