Monday, April 5, 2010

to do list:

*sleep in (a little) we are on spring break-- HOORay!
*make breakfast
*pick up new piano books before piano lessons at 10 AM
*go to Costco & print some family/friend pictures for Jack
*also pick up Imodium, pepto, benedryl & loads of sunscreen & bug spray
(don't cry... no don't do it)
*buy & put photos into a little travel photo album, stationery & envelopes
*get the rest of jack's laundry done... if any
*help him pack...
(seriously... don't cry, it's not time yet... it's gonna be okay)
*make a special dinner.
*make an apple pie- we have to have apple pie! jack's favorite
*plan and have a special FHE.
*remind jack to show Chloe how to use his- almost her- cell phone.
*any last minute things we need to buy? do? people to see?
*8:30 PM go to the Stake President's office - for Jack's setting apart as a full time missionary.
Is it really possible that this day is here?
Where did the time go?
Wasn't he just a little boy... a baby even?
A son, a brother, a friend - a boy, a man.
A missionary.
I've been in serious denial for these past few months. I've tried not to think about it much- but I knew this day was coming. Don't get me wrong, I want him to go... I just don't want him to leave. I want him to grow & learn & serve & be happy. It's just so long- so far away- did we teach him enough? Will he come back?
he's my boy...
isn't he?
I'm proud of you Jack
You're going to be a great missionary.
Please, please, please- don't forget to write.

5 comments:

The Taylors said...

Good luck Jack, you will do such a great job. Patsy it is okay to cry! If you need someone to cry with call me I can always cry on cue!

She Loves To Make said...

Oh goodness, now I'm crying. Jack is going to do so great. I can't believe it is already here! I will call tonight!

Kristy said...

Enjoy your day today and I hope you get everything done.

Jack will be an AWESOME missionary. Hang in there and remember you have the best girlfriends in the world and we all love you and are here for you!:)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh man . . . I'm thinking of you today, Patsy. It's like the second childbirth--you know how much it hurts now.

Good luck to Jack . . . and you.

michelle said...

What a day. I love this post.