Thursday, April 8, 2010

spring break

Cry fest 2010
is officially over
(aka: saying goodbye to jack at the airport)
but spring break is still on!
today I took the three remaining "living at home kiddos"
down to college town to visit Brian & do some shopping.
We had lunch at Noodles & Co. - which is fastly becoming one of my favorite places (I love the pad thia with chicken.) Then we checked out Brian's apartment before he moves home for the summer later this month. It was cool- clean & ya- a college apartment. He has big plans this summer... making money & testing out of all the Spanish classes for a whole load of credits.
Woo Hoo- let's hope that works!
We picked up Brittany & Marcus at work & saw this sweet motorcycle!
Can you believe this?
I had to get a picture but before I could get my camera going, the owner came out & started getting ready to go- so I got him in the photos too (sorry fella.) I HAVE to send a picture of this to Missionary Jack! I wonder if Jack saw this around campus? It is so cool we were all in awe.
So- we bought new shoes
checked out Archivers
stopped at See's for some chocolates
went to Deseret Book
had lunch
saw Marcus & Brittany
( didn't get a picture...? what is wrong with me?)
there you go.
Some of us- I won't name names are still sniffling from the cry fest. Some of us- are in shock & wondering how time can fly so fast. Some of us- are surprised at how little laundry there is with jack gone. Some of us- are upset & trying not to call the mission department because there has been no word from the missionary letting us know he got there...
I want to call!
What if he is standing around in Sao Paulo lost?
There's only 15 million people in that city for cryin' out loud!!!!
Do any of them speak English??
Chloe says - "that's not possible & don't call mom he's fine"
The wisdom of 13.
heaven help me

6 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

That motorcycle is awesome! Yes you have to send a picture to Jack. He will flip!
If you had received a call from Jack it would probably be him calling because he was lost--I'm assuming he's smart enough he could figure out a pay phone. So maybe no contact means his busy and happy? Just trying to be positive haha. I can't wait for an e-mail.

michelle said...

What?! Jack is gone already??

I can only imagine what a cry fest sending off a missionary must be...

Kristy said...

I LOVE Noodles! I wish we had one closer but then again maybe not. Glad you got out of the house for awhile. I am sure Chole is right and Jack is just fine. Hopefully you will hear something very soon! Hang in there! :)

wende said...

no phone call?! what the what? that would pretty much put me over the edge. not cool.

and all of those places you went, make me sad i wasn't there too! i love noodles - plain old mac and cheese is my favorite, archivers and see's chocolate. that sounds like my kind of errand. :)

Jill said...

What is up with no phone call or email letting you know he arrived safely? I'd be a mess about that for sure.

How funny that you have so much less laundry to do now, what will you do with the extra time?

jakenapril said...

ah, errands to the uc (utah county). i love noodles too. and see's. and byu. wait...how come i wasn't invited?!? ;D
sure hope you get some communication from the missionary soon. wouldn't want any more crying to ensue. that'd be a bummer. but i could bring you some kleenex...with aloe, of course, so your nose wouldn't get all red and ouchy (or so my kids tell me).