Monday, April 19, 2010

spring finally made it!

Friday night I took this picture of my mini rhododendron.
It had just started to bloom Friday late afternoon.
I love it!

I wish we could see the rhodies of Washington, my home state... oh how I love them.
I planted two varieties in my yard that do- okay- here in Utah. They only bloom for about a week, a few weeks apart- but they're worth it. How would it be to fly up & enjoy the rhododendron season up there one year? I think that's going to have to go on my bucket list!

Last Wednesday we had an inch of heavy wet snow-
Thursday was sunny & all the flowers starting popping out.
Winter one day- Spring the next!
Saturday it was 70.
Today it's 80...
don't worry- summer's not here yet- it's supposed to cool back down.
But- that's weather in Utah for ya!
SAturday we took Trent to the park to fly his kite.

I worked on my R.S. lesson for Sunday,
which turned out different than I had imagined, but still good.

Trent did great with his kite! It was fun to watch him control it so well.

The sun has done me some good- today I got so much done. I love the change in seasons- it motivates me somehow.

Happy Spring!

8 comments:

shannon said...

I've never been a huge rhododendrum fan...is that crazy or what?! We've got one in our yard and I keep trying to kill it...what's up with that? My bushes of choice are peonies (AKA--the President of all flowers) and hydrangeas...Lilacs are pretty awesome as well...

I decorated a cake for my sister's wedding a few years back using fresh flowers and we used rhododendrum blossoms along with chartruese green spirea (a common landscaping shrub!) and it looked amazing!!! The blossoms on rhodies themselves are pretty, I think it's just the leaves I'm not a big fan of...

Happy Spring to you....

michelle said...

I love rhodies, too! I didn't even know they could grow at all in Utah. I miss them and hydrangeas as well.

The sun does me good, too. So glad Spring is finally here.

Jill said...

I am giddy about the gorgeous weather and feel like I'm soaking it up. I spent 2 hours outside this morning mowing the lawn and weeding a little bit, and just came in from taking pictures of our tulips. Oh joy!!!

Kristy said...

I am so glad it is finally warm but now I am TOO HOT!!! We need to get our air conditioning on before I die! What happened to spring I think we skipped it once again this year!

Beth said...

We went from winter to spring really fast too.... I thought I was going to like it, but when it hit 80 yesterday, I paniced like Kristy and was searching for the air conditioning button! I hate the hot summer heat for sure.

wende said...

the rhodie bush was the first thing i noticed yesterday when i pulled into your drive way! it made me so happy to see it all pink and pretty!

i do love all the rhodies in the north west, it was so fun to see them in EVERY yard when we drove their for april's wedding.

happy happy spring. :)

Janae said...

Love the flowers! I am not looking forward to the spring weather for the rest of the week...At least we have had a couple days of really nice:)

Karrie said...

what fun for T I love kites...we always end up coming home with out them because the string breaks or they end up on a power line or tree.

I love the flower too!