Wednesday, August 15, 2012

tillamook


We headed to Tillamook the day the boys & Laura headed home.
They were not as excited about a drive the cheese factory as I was??
It was a Gorgeous drive.


We were driving in & out of tsunami warning areas... 
oh boy.
Luckily no tsunamis!


This place... I was really thinking we should stop.
It's right across the street from the factory- too bad we weren't hungry.
seriously- has anyone every been here?


So- we drove over an hour to go to the Tillamook Cheese Factory.
It was totally worth it.
I'm a fan.
Did you know that over 5,000 people visit the factory EVERYDAY from May-August?
Their products- especially the cheese- it's delicious.



Trent wasn't really sure what all the halaballoo was about.
 He caught on fast.



They were packaging Monterey Jack cheese.
mmm



 It was amazing & fun to see the whole process.



Pretty cool quilt- heh?
The factory is two story with self guided tours.
There was all kinds of information about cows & cheese & Oregon, etc.
But most importantly there were samples.




We all picked our favorites.





Tillamook makes so much more than cheese.
Ice cream, yogurt, sour cream etc. The list goes on.



The souvenirs... so cool.
I found myself feeling overwhelmed with the strong desire to buy something.


cute T?


Stress squeeze cheese block?


Cheese block earrings?


a hat!?
I resisted.
I kinda wish I would have bought the hat??


The best thing by far about the Tillamook factory is the ice cream shops.
There are two- one upstairs, one down. 
They were both packed.
Oh my gosh- the choices!!!
It was so wonderful- and it smelled so good.




 My choice:
Cinnamon bun ice cream in a waffle bowl with chopped nuts,caramel & whipped cream.


There is also a darling little cafe with grilled cheese & mac & cheese-- cheese soup--
You get the idea.



Tillamook cheese factory
I love you


I loved the drive there 


and the drive home
especially with your monterey jack, black peppercorn cheese.
YUM


On the way back
we stopped at some darling little shops.








and found a lookout point that we couldn't resist.




 


Really great day.
again

2 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

This day looked AWESOME!!! I wonder how hot that habanero cheese is?
The store fronts there are so darling.

michelle said...

I love their cheese and their ice cream. Chocolate peanut butter is the favorite around here, but I would love to try your concoction.

I love that Chloe and Lucas have the same glasses.

I don't know which I love more, the picture of the fabric store or the trumpet vine outside!