Sunday, August 19, 2012

guess who turned 13?

August 3rd was my Trent's
13th birthday!

It's hard to believe my baby is 13- 
yet it isn't hard to believe at the same time.
Does that make sense?


Lucky for us
This MOVIE came out on that very day!!!
(I saw that it was coming out on his birthday months ago so it was in our master plan to go)
Ethan, Wende, Chloe & I all went together & it was so cute...
Love this movie series people- LOVE IT.
The second one is my favorite- but hey, how about more movies for kids/boys that are not full of violence? 
seriously!


We headed over to McDonald's for a quick lunch & this was a dilemma.
The Asperger's in Trent was quite concerned that according to the rules on the sigh- the play land was for kids 12 & younger. Gee whiz-- Only 13 for 1/2 a day & already discriminated against as a teenage male? (that was sarcasm) I assured him that since he had only been 13 for a short time I was sure it was okay.


That night we had a little family get together since Grandma & Grandpa were coming into town!
Of course... I have no photos of them.
(Oh man? What in the world? I tell ya- I've been working a lot this summer & my mind is mush- that's my only excuse & I'm aware it's not a good one. It's good to be busy but it's hard to remember everything!)


Trent was chomping at the bit to open presents ALL DAY.
To the point that Brett & I almost couldn't take it anymore!!!
We succumbed & let him open one present (a new watch- which is already broken- which is precisely why I told Brett to buy, "whatever the heck watch was cheapest"- I knew it wouldn't make it a month)



He got a new pocket knife- for scouts since the tip busted off the one he bought at scout camp.



and
he got a new wii game which he was greatly anticipating.


We had his requested 
"triple layer double chocolate cake"
to celebrate.


It came out a little lopsided which made for extreme frustration on my part...
 oh for goodness sake... but it tasted great.



Trent- what a great kid!
I can't believe he is 13 & starting the 7th grade on Monday!!!
AAAAH!
I have hardly slept all summer from nervous anticipation.
I have literally made myself sick over this for months.
GOOD NEWS- open house was yesterday. We toured the school (again) met all of his teachers, met the special ed team, found & opened his locker, went through his schedule... 
and it was 
good.
Really, it went well- deep sigh.
On the way there- we were talking in the car & I said-
"the good thing about 7th grade is that all you kids are in the same boat."
~oops~
That lead to an all day- repeated conversation- about 
NO YOU ARE NOT REALLY GETTING IN BOATS
I meant you are all in the same situation.
Clear through until bedtime he brought up the boat scenario-
I went on & on explaining until finally-
FORGET THE BOAT- NO BOAT.
He knows that I didn't mean they were getting in boats, he was just trying to figure out the simile.
 ah- aspergers when will I ever learn?
i lOVE YOU Trent
I'm so glad you are my boy

5 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Happy birthday Trent! We love you! Sounds like a great day!

Jill said...

Wow 13!!! That cake looks enormous! The "same boat" conversation sounds funny and exhausting. I hope all goes well for him this year!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Happy Belated Birthday Trent.

I'm with Jill, the boat conversation sounds funny and exhausting.

Karolynn said...

Happy late birthday to Trent! Good luck at school today!

michelle said...

That boat conversation cracked me up.