Wednesday, August 22, 2012

catching up on everyday life


 2 weeks ago
BRITTANY GRADUATED AGAIN!!
WOO HOO
with her Master's Degree from BYU
She is now working as an assistant principal at 2 elementary schools...
and guess what?
she bought a house
NOT JUST ANY HOUSE
a new house being built at this very minute- 4 blocks or--- just 1 minute & 28 seconds away by car
(we clocked it)
I am so happy for her & thrilled for myself to have her close that I can hardly stand it.
Brittany is such a help to me- the thought of her being here, even just occasionally to help with Trent I'm just overwhelmed & frankly-- tears. Tears of joy. 


Brian & Laura went to her family reunion & Brian won a gold medal in volleyball at the family Olympics.
I wish our families had reunions, I think?
This medal is proof positive that sitting on the couch for 3 weeks straight watching the summer Olympics paid off- for at least one of us.


For FHE last week we played this darling game that Ethan, Wende, & Rich brought over for Trent's birthday. It's PERFECT for Trent!


And-- guess what?
It was actually really fun- it's kind of a get-to-know you game where you learn more about the people you play with. YES- Trent ended up with the cheese touch, but I told him I didn't mind taking it from him.


Miss (almost sixteen) Chloe started another year of ballet!
Despite her painful feet
 (she has been told she has the body, talent, flexibility of a ballerina-- but not the feet- so sad)
she just keeps going.
I add: she also has the determination- of a ballerina!


It has been so blasted HOT
that I find myself wishing away summer... 
This photo was taken at 8:00 PM
Oh heavenly day I hate heat.


On a happy note-
these are at the post office!
I LOVE them & YES they do make me smile.


Last week I sent Trent into the laundry room to put on his pajamas before bed. 
About 10 minutes later I realized he-- disappeared? 
Found him
asleep on his now messy laundry pile.


This is the display at Pottery Barn kids, just down from the store I work in.
We are getting LOADS of the cutest Halloween stuff ever!
REALLY -- you should check it out- it's so off the charts cool & cute this year.


I was there looking for really efficient diaper bags for Laura- 
She's going to need one- and this one doubles as a back pack!


We had company last Thursday, Friday & Saturday!
Kyle & Noah were here!!!
It was so wonderful to see them & meet Noah.
Kylie is my wonderful, talented niece. She is an art student at KU & is amazing!!
Noah & Kylie got married in May in the new Kansas City temple & we couldn't attend the wedding - which was a HUGE bummer. I will ask if I can post some of the photos- she was the most beautiful bride & designed the invitations & dress & everything herself-- (to perfection!) 
I was so over the top stressed out with Trent starting school this week- that I feel like I didn't spend the quality time with them that I wanted to. They were here for a wedding in Salt Lake, so they were busy a lot of the time- but still. I have not been myself.
***
Which brings me to this:
I realize that I don't post the reality of my life most of the time here.
Life is difficult for me- a lot.
But then, life is difficult for everyone!
Still- I feel like a fraud sometimes just posting about birthdays & babies & cupcakes etc.
but ya know...
I am coping the best I can AND I like to look on the bright side of life.
It's a good life- but it is a major challenge.
I have spent the whole entire summer worrying about Trent starting Jr. High (so productive) and yes it is turning out-- this week (it's only been 2 days, but such a hard 2 days) to be just as traumatizing as I thought it would be for him & for me.
 He is trying.
 He is learning & growing & I guess so am I?
If I could just stop crying.
Why- why does it have to be this way?
If you have a minute- say a prayer for us.
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can
repeat

3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I loved this post.
1. I am SO excited that Brittany is going to live close to you guys. That is just too perfect.
2. haha brian and volleyball--love it.
3. Ok, the PB stuff is to die for!!!!!
4. Laura NEEDS that diaper bag. You've seen mine...I need one for my next baby! It's a must.
5. Chloe is the absolute cutest ballerina ever.
I love you! Hang in there! Wish I was there to give you a big hug :)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'm so glad you have love/hope moving 1 minute and 28 seconds away. Good for you.

"I am coping the best I can . . ." I love that line and think you do an amazing job.

I hate junior high. Aspergers or not it's hell. Add aspergers and it must be a living hell.

Good luck (and prayers) for all of you.

michelle said...

I love the honesty and candor of this post. I think you cope amazingly well with a myriad of difficulties. I love that you like to look on the bright side (I struggle with that). And I am so happy that Brittany will be so close!