Tuesday, August 14, 2012

a birthday at the coast

In honor of Ukaih's birthday-
Lucky 7 years old...
we headed out the door of the hotel across the street to this cute little indoor place to ride some rides!






What more could you ask for when you're seven?



Last time I found myself on the tilt a hurl whirl--
I had a major minor panic attack.
I don't do spinning in circles.
I'm just a load of fun at amusement parks.
 I don't know what happened to me? I'm just old I guess.... I used to love rides?? 


After this & a couple of rounds of miniature golf we had salt water taffy & took in the local tourist shops.
fun.




green- it's everywhere here
such a nice chance from the desert of Utah.


Johnny 
He's all big now- walking around town & everything.
What a cutie!
 

Ukiah was completely shocked when a cake mysteriously showed up at his Grandma's hotel room.
They had told him since he was having a birthday party when he got home... he probably wouldn't need a cake on his actual birthday.
Such teasers.


Is he a sweet heart or what?


A conversation overheard in the car:
Ukiah: I just can't believe the tooth fairy found me! Even when I was on vacation she knew where I was!!
Trent: Ya- it's kind of like Santa Clause. He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake.
(pausing to think)
Trent: In fact it kind of gives me the creeps when I really think about it.




The view from our room- opposite from the beach.
Beautiful, I know.
That yellow house is a bed & breakfast.
dreamy


4 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

That tooth fairy conversation has me dying with laughter!
What a sweetie Ukiah is. I'm glad you guys were able to make his birthday special!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love Trent's one-liners. "Kind of creeps me when I think about it."

Brit said...

i'm so glad you blog about these things. i love reading about our great vacation!

michelle said...

I used to like the tilt-a-whirl, but now I'm sure I couldn't handle it.

Trent's tooth fairy/Santa musings are killing me.