Monday, August 13, 2012

oregon coast- it just doesn't get any better than this


It's been so long since I've posted & so much has happened in our lives here-- 
BUT
I want to finish posting our Oregon trip so I am trying to stay focused!
(Brett gave me a ticket to go see Megan & her family for my birthday so I left 4 days after getting home from Oregon)
Plus I have a BIG announcement coming... I need to give this announcement it's due, so it will wait for another day.


Tuesday in Oregon was so much fun-
We had an easy morning & then headed to Cannon Beach- where I FELL IN LOVE with the area even more & if we could work it financially I think we would move ASAP. 


We ate at Mo's -- YUM
and loved the beautiful beaches.




Fish & Chips
I wish I had some right now.
This is the good stuff folks.
And the clam chowder... good stuff, although my sister's clam chowder Sunday night was better- I'm not kidding.


Trent opted for a chili dog & he was not dissapointed.




On the way home we stopped at the most darling place- I forget the name & didn't take a picture- to ride go carts. Awesome place- great family who owns the place. If you are ever in the area stop in. REally fun.



 










 The kids had a blast-
but it was most fun watching Cole.
He had the best time!
Cole LOVED the "ocean house" and I hear he cried the whole 5 hour trip home because he didn't want to leave. I know how you feel, buddy.




Later that night we made a fire on the beach.
I had no idea people did this. It was so surreal & beautiful. 







Trent & his best beach buddy kept digging & making sand castles.






Brian, Laura, & Jack were leaving the next morning to get back home to work etc.
So- we lived it up.
The boys found a couple of cardboard boxes from wood & built up the fire.



They are so funny- and so much like their dad.


Oregon I love you.
I'm so glad we went on this vacation.
I can't even tell you how much we needed this time as a family.
thanks gilsons for the invite 
we love you guys 

2 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

This sounds like the most perfect vacation!!! Next time we are going! Now I really, really want some fish & chips....

michelle said...

Mo's! I love that place, and Cannon Beach. Last time we were there we made s'mores on the beach on our last night.

We're going there next summer, and reading your posts about the Oregon coast have me so excited!