Monday, February 6, 2012

science fair 2012- another last & just in time

Hallelujah!
A first I can really get excited about-
our last school science fair project.
happy, happy, joy, joy
Disclaimer: I NEVER WANTED TO BE THIS KIND OF MOM. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE SO AGAINST EDUCATIONAL ENDEAVORS.
This year-2012- will go down in history as the very last year of science fair projects for me my kids! Whomever invented the science fair- I want to punch them in the gut. If I would have known how many hours of my life would be consumed with science fair projects- I would not have had six children. Okay, Okay... I am exaggerating... still-- the science fair is in a word:
painful
 Six kids times at least 2 projects each= misery.
 I like science, I DO! I just can't explain it in words... the science fair- sigh.
I vaguely remember Megan's first science fair project- we were all involved & so excited- HA!
This year I decided if we had to do it-- Trent should really learn something!


So (hooray for the Internet!) I googled a science fair project website & found a great idea on:


Facial expressions & communication.
Perfect topic for a kid with aspergers. It was a good project & really not too hard or complicated. But... something in me just wouldn't do it. I just couldn't do it. Something in me snapped.


Brett asked me - what he could do to help me with Christmas?- the science fair project. Then he asked me later what he could do to help me get ready for Christmas again?- the science fair project. This happened several times. My answer never changed-- I just didn't have it in me. I couldn't do it- poor Trent his mom had reached total & complete science fair burn out.
Lucky for Trent-- Dad saved the day. The day before the project was due... (ya, I know) Dad & Trent finished the project.
IT'S OVER.
(cue tears of joy)
WE MADE IT!!
CELEBRATION - JOY- BALLOONS & CONFETTI
 The real science fair question? How many science fair projects does it take for a mom to get totally burned out & want to check herself into the loony bin?

4 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

hahahaha Yay for the science fair being over!

michelle said...

This is totally cracking me up. I can so relate. Hooray for Brett getting it done! And hooray for no more science projects ever!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I relate as well. Ugh. I hated them. What really got me was Ty's history project that did well enough (not quality, mind you, just few enough entries) that it went on to State. That was realllllllllllllllly painful.

Congrats on finding a last you can enjoy.

Beth said...

Ha ha ha, LOL! I feel your pain, and joy! Yay for this last :)