Tuesday, February 28, 2012

oscar party 2012

Sunday night we had a little Oscar party at our house.
We invited our favorite par-tiers-- The Johnson's- of course!


I got carried away in the excitement, lost my phone. This is the only picture of people I took.
I'm ashamed & embarrassed of myself.
After the food was all prepared, I hung up my apron- my phone was in the pocket. I really do love people more than food--- although it isn't a surprise I don't fit in an Oscar worthy dress.


We started off with Italian sodas.
Isn't she pretty?


Greek dips with homemade pita bread- thanks to Karen- this was so good!
I must have missed the photo opp of the pita bread- yum.


Veggies & dip- don't let it be said that I don't appreciate healthy food.


Hot artichoke & chicken dip. 
(oh heavenly day)



I saw her make these Saturday on her new Food Network show. YUM- in real life they did not disappoint. 
PW's Food Network show makes me happy.
 It is the best cooking show ever.
 When I watch it I feel better about America's future, life, humanity, family, and... cowboys. I've considered buying Brett his own pair of chaps- if you know what I mean? Have you seen it? You really need to see it. By-the-way--- she has a new cookbook coming out in March. So far Salt Lake City is not on her list for book signings. Dang it- I loved meeting her last time around. I started blogging just before she did & I've been reading her all along - our blogging success hasn't been quite the same... oh well. I can't help but adore her. She lives in my mother's hometown after all!
Okay, back to the food...


 for dessert we had this INCREDIBLE- Chocolate Cake with peanut butter frosting- again thanks to Karen. I made darling individual parfaits- which I didn't get a picture of. My camera was lost before we pulled them out of the refrigerator.

So- what did you think of the Oscars?
I thought the company & food was a lot of fun- the show was okay too.

1 comment:

michelle said...

You guys are so fun! Can you believe we forgot it was Oscars night until about 8:00??