Saturday, February 11, 2012

I spy.... charlie's quilt

Friday I finished the top to a much anticipated I SPY quilt!
Megan asked me to make one for him nearly a year ago & I am just now getting on it... it has taken me a long time to collect (and go through) fabric for this sweet, little, toddler bed quilt. Finding multiple pieces of fabric that a little boy would like to look at is not as easy as it sounds! Honestly, I LOVE how it has turned out so much that I am putting a couple of sneak peek pictures up now- instead of waiting until it's all the way finished. It has turned out even better than I imagined.


I'm hoping to have this quilt finished up & sent off by next week!


Charlie is at the perfect age to point out things he finds- I only wish we could find things on this quilt together.
It's painful having my two babies so far away.
But-- I'm just glad I have them.

4 comments:

Tony said...

Ahhhhh so cute!!!! I can't wait to put this on his bed!
Megan, not Tony :)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh my Patsy. This is so cute. What a great idea. I wish I'd have ordered (or had you find it for me) fabric with you. What a great idea.

michelle said...

Love the fabrics! Separating them all with the white sashing was definitely the way to go. I've seen some I Spy quilts that are really hard on the eyes, but yours is cute!

wende said...

i'm with michelle, i love that the squares are separated and it's not too busy to look at. sooooo darling. i wish you were my kids' grandma. what lucky grand kids you have! :)