Sunday, January 8, 2012

sunday thoughts

Yesterday we got our first "real" snow storm in a long time!
5-7" inches - beautiful. I can't wait to tell Missionary Jack that is snowed!!! He was so disappointed when we talked to him Christmas day, that there was no snow here. He was dreaming of a white Christmas- for sure. It's summer in Brazil, but then where he is it's never, really winter. He will have missed two full winters-- lucky? Right now he is surely sweaty & hot walking somewhere (he walks 10-15 miles a day typically.) It's in the 80's with 80-95% humidity. I know because I check the weather in his city every night before I fall to sleep. 87 days left & I find myself thinking of his homecoming on a regular basis... all the time. I dreamt of him coming home last night. We picked him up at the airport. He was thin & dirty & I hugged him as tight as I could- then woke up.
~
Today at church two baby boys were blessed. My mind wandered back to the blessings of my three boys. With tears running down my face I remembered Jack's baby blessing. Brett said in the blessing- that he was to read the Book of Mormon. I don't typically speak of such personal matters here on this blog. But, I know this book is true. Call me crazy, call me nuts- call me a believer, because that's what I am. I have read it (and the bible) studied it, prayed about it- and it's true. 
It is the basis of my religion & my religion is the basis of my life. I love the teachings of this book. I love knowing that my family is sealed in the temple of God and that the bands of death- nor anything else can break that bond.
Truly God has blessed me with so much in this life.
This is what I know.



87 days.....

5 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

"Call me crazy, call me nuts- call me a believer, because that's what I am." I just love this line . . . call me a believer.

Jill said...

Sweet post Patsy and beautiful testimony!

We only got a dusting of snow and it was gone by lunch time.

I'm a believer too!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I loved reading this.

Anonymous said...

So proud to call you my mother.

- Hailey xoxo

michelle said...

We STILL haven't gotten more than 1/2" of snow! So crazy.

I love this post. Lovely testimony. And such a sweet comment from Hailey!