Saturday, January 14, 2012

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

Today was our first temple trip for the
2012~ The Year of The Temple
We headed out to South Jordan to the


Fun fact: The Oquirrh Mountain temple was dedicated in 2009. It's one of three temples in South Jordan. The Jordan River Temple & a Hindu temple are also located in South Jordan. The angel Moroni on the top of the temple was hit by lightening & burned on one side during a storm before it opened. Trent was bummed to see that they fixed him. Honestly I was kind of too... he looks good though.


It was a beautiful clear day but SO cold.
Windy out here & in the 30's brrr!


This is the view from the front doors looking east.



The baptistery is around back-- we trekked around back & tried not to freeze!
What a gorgeous day! There are the Oquirrh Mountains in the background.

 (can you tell it was windy?)

It was delightfully packed--
 There was just no way Trent could sit quietly waiting that long to do baptisms.
I called a couple of weeks ago to get an appointment- but they said we didn't need one. They didn't have anyone scheduled. It's so great to see so many young people in the temple- but we knew this would be a long wait for him. Brett talked to one of the temple workers & they let Trent & Brett slip in. We watched & it was beautiful. Trent was so nervous & so excited to be in the temple.

I was so excited for the kids to fill out their passports...
I'm pretty sure I should have gotten my own!?
We stopped on the way home for Chinese food.
It was a Great day & it's going to be a Great Year!

Want to know what people do in temples?
You can find out more here

3 comments:

Beth said...

So beautiful, I loved this Christmas gift idea!!! LOVE IT!!! Wish we lived in Utah :)

michelle said...

I just love this so much. I think you SHOULD get your own passport! Like checking things off your to-do list, only even way more satisfying!

I was just thinking the other day that, even though I can't do this with my family, I could still go and do ordinances in other temples... Oquirrh Mountain jumped to mind first.

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Such a good experience for everyone, especially Trent, to be in the temple all together. Chinese food afterwards sounds good too :)