Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 the year of the temple

In November Brett & I were doing some Christmas shopping & found these at Deseret Book.


We fell in LOVE with them immediately & decided to use them to make an announcement Christmas Day. That announcement:
 We declared 2012- the YEAR OF THE TEMPLE!
Hailey, Chloe & Trent each had one wrapped under the tree. They unwrapped them at the same time- and we told them our plan to visit all of the Utah temples in 2012!


There are 12+ temples -- so that's roughly one a month.
Some have just been announced- others are being built.
We are so excited to see more of our beautiful state- learn more about each individual temple- keep our recommends updated- and write in our passports about our experiences.
This month we have plans to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple in Draper.
It's going to be a good year!
(Hailey did admit later that when she first opened it she thought it was a real passport... just a little bit of a let down there- can't say I blame her!? that would have been fun too.)

5 comments:

Marcus and Brittany said...

That is awesome! I have been wanting to do that since I moved to Utah. Marcus and I may have to get these passports and make it a goal to visit all the temples!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Such a fun idea!

Brit said...

Can I invite myself along when you go to Manti? I've been wanting to go to that temple for a long time. :-)

michelle said...

I love everything about this. I want to do that, too! I want my family to be excited about that.

The year of the temple. You guys are just adorable.

Jill said...

I don't know how I missed this post! Michelle was talking about it and I was clueless.

It's a brilliant idea, we'll have to do that next year when Whitney can go too!