Thursday, January 5, 2012

one of my favorite spots

Today after work & before getting dinner started I was looking through the photos in my phone & found this one.


What's so interesting...
is that - at that very moment- I was sitting in this exact spot & wearing the same black socks & jeans.
The only difference? The fireplace was on today.
I love this spot in my house, especially with the fireplace on.
It's so comfy & it's where I like to play Words With Friends.
Words With Friends- a game on my IPhone-
(my beloved IPhone- sigh)
Words with Friends is SO FUN- It's good for mental health too!
It gets you thinking & spelling, with friends. It's kind of like scrabble. It's the game Alec Baldwin was kicked off of an airplane for- because he wouldn't stop playing it on his IPad.
 Ha- ya, I suppose it's addictive?
I've been thinking a lot-
 thinking that retail at Christmas time & the week after is hard work. So hard that I'm frankly sick of it & relieved today was a good day at the store. Good as in- not so many returns or crabby people. Thinking that I'm glad I didn't "announce" my word for last year & I don't think I will this year either? Thinking that I'm worried we haven't had any snow or really even very much winter like weather.... Will it be snowing when Jack gets home? It snowed 4" the day he left (April 6 2010). What will happen to our garden? Will it snow in June & July again?! (For real-- people were still skiing on the 4th of July last year!) That is not NOT good for gardening. Let's face it farmer + bad weather = no food- tomatoes, peaches.... It's just one of those things that bugs/worries me.
 Thinking that I should exercise more. Ya just thinking & NOT doing.
Thinking/worrying about Hailey being sick. She is struggling with her fibromyalgia -- it's just so hard to watch this. I wish there was more I could do. Is this better than seizures-- yes, but still- not good for a teenager. Such a bummer. Such a worry.
We are trying to decide what to do about Trent... for Jr. High next year. I love our neighborhood school, but the doctor has recommended a couple other options. I can't stand the thought of him in Jr. High. 7 different classes & Trent in a crowded hall of students several times a day. Oh boy. Worried. Really I'm so worried.
All this thinking/worrying has me kind of stressed out.
How about you- you thinking a lot lately?
Whatcha thinkin' bout'?

4 comments:

Holly said...

I would be sitting in your spot too--so comfy and cozy looking. I like your wreath too.

Glad you have a bit of down time after a hectic holiday work week (and a good work day today).

I haven't committed to a word the last two years. It overwhelmed me (choosing). But I like the idea.

I can totally understand your worries/fears for Trent and Middle School. I hope the options his doctor suggested work out. I hope you find peace for your worries SOON. :)

Just wanted you to know I have still been reading your blog but have been TERRIBLE (lazy?) about leaving comments. This is me trying to do better. :)

Gail said...

I recently heard there is a charter school in NSL specifically for kids with Asperger's.

michelle said...

I'd be sitting in that spot, too! And before I forget, I want to play Words With Friends with you! I'm a little bit addicted. Search for me under Michelle Taylor Olivier. Okay.

I've been feeling kind of concerned about the weather, too. I certainly don't miss the cold and the snow shoveling, but we haven't even had winter yet! That just has to throw everything off, right? Are our bulbs going to start coming up? Because it sure does feel like spring.

I'm so sorry about Hailey being sick. And Trent going to jr. high. Those are real worries.

All I can seem to think about this week is finishing the damn cabinet project!! SO sick of it. I'm hoping I can finish the whole thing for real either on Saturday or Monday, and then my new year can really begin.

Jill said...

That's a great photo and it looks like a fabulous spot!

I didn't know you played Words With Friends...I'm a junkie, let's get a game going!

I'm sorry you have so much worry going on right now, it's hard to have so many things out of your control and it's super hard to watch your kids suffer.