Monday, October 3, 2011

updates

This week/weekend have been particularly busy- My sweet friend at work is on vacation, so for the past month I have been working her usual shift. The extra hours are nice- but I have been super busy. (she was in Paris, France-- lucky girl!) So, besides working...I stopped in at JoAnn's fabric to get some thread. I found myself staring at this picture for a long time. Oh- I love this dress! I am wondering if I should go on a diet- in hopes of wearing a dress like this & looking decent in it? I also went into Walmart for a couple of items I only can find there- just to see this on a shelf. Brett was with me & completely sicked out. (he has a snot phobia- really he does)
Brian says they sell this in Chile- translated it means "snot of the gorilla"
what in the world? Would YOU put this in your hair? Disturbing.



On a much more pleasant note- My plan for staying awake during conference weekend was to work on this beautiful baby quilt. But- it didn't really work. I slept through most of it!? what!? I am so ashamed & embarrassed. (I was just wiped out I think!?) In between sleep sessions I LOVED Elder Erying's talk & I nearly finished this baby quilt. It is for Laura's brother Jake & his wife Heather- who are expecting a baby girl any day! This sweet baby will be the first grandchild in Laura's family & the oldest girl cousin to Brian & Laura's future children- so she is extra special & much anticipated even at our house. We ate too much food- my favorite being these pumpkin squares.

Fall is nearly here in Utah- we are expecting temperatures to drop 30 degrees this week!




Hair this morning- Hailey woke up to this amazing hair-do!! I tried to talk her into going to school like this but she is a cowardly gal. Short hair + non gorilla snot hair gel= crazy bed head. I LOVE IT! This week I have a couple of goals- one of them to blog every day!

What are you up to?


3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

That baby quilt is gorgeous! And I love that dress you pictured. Hailey's hair is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

Jill said...

Hailey's bed head is award worthy!

michelle said...

I love Hailey's bedhead!

I have to keep my hands occupied whenever I watch Conference (or anything, really), or else I fall asleep. This time I knitted and took notes.