Friday, October 7, 2011

seriously?

This was my view driving home from work yesterday.For real? Last week - seven days ago- we had record high temperatures. Today rain & snow on the foothills. It's FAReezing people. I had to turn the heat on- the highs in the 40's. Don't cry for me yet... it's going to be Fall next week with 60's in the forecast!!
I was worried too... I LOVE Fall & can't bare to miss it.
In the mean time-
Brett came home from a five day business trip. I was completely exhausted mentally & physically. Being a single parent is a lot of work, even for just 5 days! Yesterday Trent & I went to the store to buy him a new umbrella. (we got over 2" of rain) He was ticking (whistling) nearly every 20-30 seconds. He had, had a rough day with a bully kid pushing him at one point & telling him to "shut up." In other words- stop whistling. (Heaven knows I've wanted to tell him to shut up at times myself.. sometimes the pitch is so high it's like an ice pick to the ear drum, still I HATE BULLIES- AND THIS KID IS GONNA GET IT WHEN I CALL THE SCHOOL TODAY!) So-- in the grocery store I just ignore it- but when we got to the check out line a gentleman in front of us commented, "there is where the whistling is coming from! I've heard you whistling all over the store." We just smiled & when he went on again (he wasn't being rude, really) I said- he has Tourette's syndrome & whistles. Trent said, "Ya & it's better than swearing." We laughed that off & that poor guys just wanted to disappear. I could tell he was so shocked & wishing he hadn't said anything. It was fine really. I'm wondering if Brett should take him to the movies tonight like planned? What about the Nutcracker this year? Hmm. lots to think about.

3 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Patsy. This just made me laugh. I'm glad you laugh and then tell us about it so we can get a better perspective.

She Loves The Color Pink said...

"at least it's better than swearing" LOL that's right! What a good attitude. We watched What About Bob? Last night and I was laughing so hard at the tourettes swearing part :)

Oh and I have a good idea for the nutcracker: make Brian babysit him while the family goes. Trent will be quiet and Brian won't be there to laugh at the men in tights!

michelle said...

It's totally better than swearing! Except when you are with him for a long time and start to get a headache from all the whistling... I can see how that could be difficult at school.

I think Megan's onto something about the Nutcracker...