Thursday, October 20, 2011

catching up

This past weekend Brett & I went to a movie. did you read that? A MOVIE people! We never go to movies... so this was a big deal. Trent was at an over night scout camp & the girls had plans- so what's up? A movie -- that's what!

We saw The Big Year & I loved it! Of course we don't go to a lot of movies so maybe we are not the best judges. Still- I really loved it.


On the way in we saw this ultra cool car. I had to get a photo! It's in perfect condition & look at those sweet tires- wow. On our way home we had to run over to the camp sight (good thing it was only a couple of minutes away!) to take Trent a new pair of pants, socks, shoes .... ya- he had gotten wet- then gotten wet again. His pants, his extra pants & his pajama pants were all wet. They were camping near a pond & there was a marshy area- I guess we are lucky he wasn't soaked- or drowned? What in the world? We picked up the girls & headed off to get late night Chinese food! Ya- we're pretty hip~ going to movies~ getting Chinese food. We got into our favorite local place just 1/2 hour before it closed & chowed down on the best ever egg rolls & sesame chicken- yum. I can't remember the last time we did something like that- really fun. The girls & we visited & laughed & laughed. Good times- I wish I would have had my camera. (The view of our mountain on my way home from work Saturday afternoon.)
I got home from work the next afternoon right after Brett & Trent finished riding a 15 mile bike ride. Brett had met up with the scouts in the morning. Trent's hair was singed & he was missing a bit of eyebrow & eye lash hair... he had tried to help a leader light the propane stove----- poof. Oh my- I'm thinking maybe Brett should start going along on these camp outs?? Sunday we had a house full of company!Johnna & Clyde were in town so Ruthie & kids came down too. I'm starting to feel like our house is too small. The kitchen & eating space is always so crowded! I'm thinking we need to start eating out more, move, or remodel?
It would probably just be easier to eat out? So much for my healthy, home cooking ways-- I need a better/bigger kitchen. See what all this cooking has done for me? I'm certainly not getting any thinner & I'm seriously thinking I need a new kitchen. Golly if it's not one thing- it's another. At least I have all my eyelashes!?

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, a movie and Chinese Food, you're living the high life! I haven't been to a movie for so long!!

I know what you mean about your house feeling too small. I try not to dwell on it, but I have dreams of a radical remodel.

michelle said...

Ha! Yep, at least you have all your eyelashes.