Wednesday, October 12, 2011

are you sitting down?

You are never going to believe this!? Yesterday Brett had an early doctor's appointment downtown. I went with him & on the way home... we took advantage of another day (even though it was partial) together.We stopped & had lunch at the amazing

(even though I am a chocolate lover- my favorite desserts here are always strawberry & cream)
Gourmandise


* sigh*


then headed over to temple square.

We put 30 minutes on our parking meter & took that time to enjoy.


Temple square is always beautiful any time of the year.

Flowers & bulbs were set out ready to plant.


It got me thinking & I can't wait to plant some of my own bulbs! And.. about how blessed I feel to be a member of this church. I am grateful for temples that seal our families together eternally.


It's such a privilege to live so close to such an important place. I can remember year after year stopping by here on family car trips to visit my Grandparents-- and now I live 15 minutes away! crazy really


I love to see the missionaries & feel of their spirit & excitement for the gospel. I watched this older missionary couple & wondered if someday Brett & I will get to go on a mission- that would be awesome!
There is a fairly new exhibit in the south visitor's center.

It was my first time seeing it- (The kids spent a lot of time here during Brian & Laura's wedding ceremony inside the temple.) It's a model to scale, of the temple- set in front of the south side- cut open so you can see what exactly is in the temple. It's so stunning- I learned a lot!


When you go into the temple you just don't have time or even the opportunity to go in all those rooms- so this is a real treat to see more of everything inside. There are also interactive touch screens that take you through room by room & explain each room's purpose.

another great day... kind of raises the expectations for the rest of the week- huh?




4 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

WOW--we are going to that deli when I come to Utah! The dessert looks incredible! What a fun afternoon to spend with dad. I miss temple square!

michelle said...

I want to go to Gourmandise!

And check out that model of the temple.

Kristy said...

That cake looks soooo yummy!!! I think I need to go to this place for lunch one day!! :)

Kim Sue said...

mmmm, strawberry and creme