Monday, October 10, 2011

columbus day

Brett works in the banking industry & had today off. The kids were in school so we had the day to ourselves!- wow that never happens.


Brett had the brilliant idea to drive up into the mountains & see what is left of the Fall colors.

We drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Solitude ski resort.


It was beautiful- absolutely beautiful


We missed the red colors but there were plenty of yellows.


and look at this-- even some snow!














We always talk about doing this... then don't do it! Why is that?



Well happy day- this year we did it.



stunning really



This lone tree in the midst of green was one of my favorite views of the day.



It's amazing to me the beauty of the mountains.



kind of a lame photo of the two of us... we were trying to get the mountain in the back ground- the sun was bright... I think I may have spinach or something in my teeth... oh lovely day.



5 comments:

Johnna said...

Such a fun idea. You guys are beautiful!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Those photos are beautiful!

michelle said...

You guys are just too cute. Way to actually do what you always think about doing!

Kristy said...

My boys LOVE Solitude that is where they ski!!! I don't think I have been there when there is no snow. Way pretty!! So jealous I wish Kelly had days off when no one else was home....how fun for you! :)

Kim Sue said...

Wow! that is gorgeous!