Saturday, October 8, 2011

rainy day baking

Yesterday I baked-- a lot. Well, cooked & baked really. I've kind of gone crazy with the homemade theory.

(home made tortillas - recipe/tutorial here)
Have I told you my theory?
I haven't??

(Michelle's miracle bread I substitute 2 cups of fresh ground wheat flour for 2 of the cups of white & use brown sugar instead of white. follow all the rest of the directions for a 2 loaf recipe. DELISH)

Well, I'm thinking that I'm sick of eating chemicals & I want to have most things homemade & organic. The most health ingredients I can find & afford. NOt that I'm quitting the diet coke or occasional trip to McDonald's--- haha- don't get me wrong!? (I'm not that crazy)I am just trying to take a more healthy approach to our everyday eating by planning & working ahead.



I'm not really sure my theory is anything more that just a lot of work for me?

I had to clean my kitchen aid bowl out three times... blah.

NOT to mention all the other everyday dishes & cooking mess. BUT- I love rainy day baking. I really love it- so maybe it's not all that much work- or maybe the work is worth it?


(Halloween Monkey Joey 2011)

Gotta say- I wish I could bake for this little guy!


don't you think he would love some banana bread?

4 comments:

Johnna said...

Too Cute! Love the picture of Joey. I need to call you, we will be headed that way next weekend and in town the next weekend after that too. We are headed to St George during part of the week. Anyway, I will follow up with details later.

Love you guys!

Tony said...

Fun fun! The only problem is I love eating homemade breads and baked goods too much that it ends up NOT being healthy!

Tony said...

oops! Megan (not tony!)

michelle said...

I go in phases with this. I would love to have everything made from scratch, but yeah, it is a whole lot of work!

I WANT those tortillas.