Monday, May 30, 2011

baby blessing day

Yesterday was a wonderful day!


Marcus & Brittany blessed their sweet baby at our house. He is just under 2 weeks old now- both sets of Grandparents are in town- they wanted to bless him while they were here but didn't want expose him to a multitude of germs. So- our house was the perfect place- well I thought so.




He was blessed in the blanket Marcus was blessed in. He couldn't wear Marcus' blessing clothing... Marcus weighed 10lb. 5 oz. when he was born! So, he was more like the size of a 3 month old when he was blessed.
These are not the best photos~ but it's what I've got so they will do.


Is he the cutest little thing you've ever seen or what!





Ya- we all think so! We had a wonderful brunch... if I do say so myself... recipes will be on the cooking blog soon.






The newlyweds were here- they have the MOST darling apartment- post coming soon! and Hailey- I love this picture of her.


My sister & niece Brittany stayed until dinner- we had such a great visit.



Chloe treated us with some of her FANTASTIC Artisan bread.And just because we hadn't eaten enough...


after everyone left I made some blueberry cobbler.


No one appreciates blueberries like my sisters & I.


Oh how i love them.....



3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Oh...your blueberry cobbler. It is the BEST! Little John really is so darling! What tiny little features :)

shannon said...

He really is super duper cute!
He's a serious contender for that blueberry cobbler!! Hee hee...

10 pounds impressive! My Ellie was 10 pounds 4 ounces...I love bragging about that! She was my easiest birth, too--go figure.

What a special day for your family...I'm really happy for you...

michelle said...

I love baby blessings! Such a sweet family time.

I cannot believe Brittany had a baby 2 weeks before, she looks so great!

I don't know if I've ever had blueberry cobbler, but it looks pretty dang good.