Monday, May 23, 2011

the honeymooners are back!

Yesterday we picked up the honeymooners from the airport! It was so fun to see them. Don't they look happy!?For the honeymoon- these two spend 2 days & 3 nights in Disneyland. Then- last Sunday they got on a Carnival ship & headed for Mexico! Seven days & nights on a ship- sounds like heaven to me!? They say they went para sailing (sp?), jet skiing, walked on beautiful beaches, snorkeling, watched at least 2 movies a day & ate lots of gourmet type food!


Brian had the chance to speak a lot of Spanish & as you can see... didn't shave the whole time.


We picked them up & headed to Laura's parents home where we ate dinner & watched them open presents- thank you so much for all the wonderful presents & support from all our friends & family. It is so wonderful. I am overwhelmed with all the love & support we continually feel.



Trent & Laura's brothers have become Iphone friends & they let him play games on their phones. Brian married into such a great family.



It was sad for the girls & Trent that Brian didn't come home with us. Their bed & other things are not moved into their apartment yet so they spent the night in Laura's old bedroom. Brian did show up later to get his car & keys I took this last picture of the beard- it has to come off as he goes back to work today at the Missionary Training Center in Provo.


Lucky for Trent - the only gifts they brought home were two planes for him- perfect! HOoray- he is over the top excited to get them glued together & hang them over his bed. That was so thoughtful & eased the blow of Brian leaving home for good. I keep telling him, it's so worth it because we get to have Laura in our family permanent now.


I made (per Brian's request) Michelle's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake. It's so rich there was even some left over. Hailey & I decided this morning that it's fantastic & maybe even better in the morning. Who knew?

Well- real life starts today for my favorite newlyweds. I cannot wait to get the wedding photos back from the photographer so that I can post some here!

***

p.s. school is officially out in 11 more days. This year is unusual ... I CAN'T WAIT.


3 comments:

Jill said...

It's so great that they got to have such a long honeymoon like that. I really think that's a great way for couples to celebrate being married.

Hey, I'm still waiting to see what you ended up wearing to the reception and also want to see what the bridesmaids ended up wearing too.

Kim Sue said...

mmmm, that cake looks divine!

michelle said...

Sounds like a wonderful honeymoon! They look so happy.

I hadn't thought of poor Trent and how hard it must be on him to have his siblings get married and leave home. I'm the oldest, and I just kind of merrily went on my way with no thought of how that would affect my brother and sister...